Founded in 2001 by Andrew Hughes, the company specializes in designing online learning and corporate training experiences via interactive learning tools and immersive training. He was a contributor to the book, The Gamification of Learning and Instruction Fieldbook: Ideas into Practice in 2013. The company was mentioned in The Gamification of Learning and Instruction regarding how firefighters use their product for training.
Designing Digitally provides interactive eLearning, mobile learning, 3D training simulations, and serious games for clients including corporations and government agencies. In 2013, it was announced that the company was working with colleges to provide 3D simulations for instructional purposes including Auburn University and Rutgers University. The company has also partnered with colleges and universities to provide 3D virtual campus tours including the United States Air Force Academy and has developed a browser-based 3D virtual world, Azivia.
Awards and recognition[edit | edit source]
- Top Gamification Company by Training Industry (2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017)
- International Serious Play Award for Corporate Training from The Serious Play Conference (2016)
- Learning Champion Innovation Award from Elearning Magazine (2016)
- Top Learning Organization by Training Magazine (2016)
- Awarded seven Horizon Interactive Awards for Custom eLearning (2016 & 2017)
- Best Alternative Learning Solution at eLearningGuild's FocusOn Learning DemoFest (2017)
- The 50 Best Small Companies to Work For by Comparably.com (2017)
- Best Game Based Learning Solution from eLearning Guild Learning Solutions DemoFest (2018)
References[edit | edit source]
- "Tri-C develops 3-D simulation to help teach biology students complex physiology of stress" Cleveland Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Immersive Simulator Market: Evolving Technology, Trends and Industry Analysis" CMFE News. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "Virtual Campus Tours Gain Popularity With Colleges, Prospective Students" Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Global Serious Game Market 2017 – BreakAway, Square Enix, Virtual Heroes, ESim Games, Playgen, Designing Digitally, Morf Media, Blitz Games" Daily Commerce News. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Who is Pocketing all the Money Businesses Spend in the Corporate eLearning Market?" Elearning Inside. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- The Gamification of Learning and Instruction Fieldbook: Ideas into Practice Google Books. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- The Gamification of Learning and Instruction Google Books. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Future of the Global Serious Games Market – Growth, Latest Trend & Forecast 2022" Newsient. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "3 Ways Students Can Incorporate Technology in College Visits" US News & World Report. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Cuyahoga CC Tests 3D Simulation App in Anatomy Class" Campus Technology. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "New life for enterprise virtual worlds" Hypergrid Business. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Not So Shocking – A VR Training Game On How To Clear Trees From Power Lines" VR Focus. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "VR Chop & Drop Learning Game Launched on STEAM for FREE from Designing Digitally, Inc." Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Designing Digitally, Inc. Named as a 2016 Top Gamification Company by Training Industry for Third Consecutive Year" Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Designing Digitally, Inc. Awarded Multiple Training Awards In 2016" eLearning Industry. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Learning! Champions: Setting the Pace" Elearning.com. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "The 50 best small companies to work for of 2017, according to employees" Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This article "Draft:Designing Digitally" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Draft:Designing Digitally/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.