Edgar Phillips (artist)
|Edgar John Bernard Phillips|
|Born||1970 (age 48–49)|
Wimbledon, London, UK.
|Occupation||Actor, artist, screenwriter, director|
|Years active||1992 – present|
|Known for||Stained glass wings, stage work, Artist in residence at The Bishop's Palace Wells.|
Edgar Phillips (born April 2 in Wimbledon, London) is an artist, actor and writer based in Wells, Somerset. Phillips is married to Rachel Phillips and they have one son together. His notable works include the stained glass wings at The Bishop's Palace, his acting as alter ego Braddock Hunt and for his many theatre credits. Phillips has had many high profile clients including the late Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.
The stained glass windows Phillips designed and completed in 2015, are called "A Light Shining in Darkness". They consist of four pairs of stained glass wings, two of which were installed at|The Bishop's Palace.
Another pair were featured at WhattheFestival in Oregon in the Summer of 2016 as part of the celebration of visual arts.
Phillips developed the wings to allow for people to stand and be involved with his art. The idea came about after a walk around the City of Wells which is known for the Swans that surround the Bishop's Palace Moat.
Noticed by the organisers of Glastonbury Festival, who liked the pure white set at The Bishop's Palace, two sets of wings appear at the Festival in the Summer of 2017.
Braddock Hunt[edit | edit source]
Braddock Hunt is an alter ego of Phillips who became well known for his attempts at being an explorer. Billed as a parody of the likes of Bear Grylls, Braddock Hunt rose to relative fame when he ran for the local elections as part of the cream tea party. 
Credits[edit | edit source]
- 1999 Lost Theatre One act festival (Winner of festival for the one man show “Forty Jobs”)
- 2010 R.P. McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Winner best leading actor Phoebe Rees awards)
- 2010 Sir Toby Belch in Twelfth Night (Nominated best supporting actor Phoebe Rees awards
- 2010 Justin – Alan Ayckbourne's Roleplay
- 2011 Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire
- 2012 Multiple characters in The Complete works of William Shakespeare (reduced
Shakespeare) (Winner best actor Phoebe Rees Awards)
- 2013 Jason Palmer – The Levels John Faria short film (post production)
- 2014 Richard Elson – Horizon Paul Dudbridge web scifi series (post production)
- 2014 Co-Writer and lead actor in Braddock pilot and web series (post production)
- 2015 Co-Writer and lead actor in Braddock feature film (Los Angeles/Oregon)
References[edit | edit source]
- Collins, Nancy (September 29, 2016). "Take a Look Inside Carrie Fisher's Spanish-Style Residence in Beverly Hills". Architectural Digest.
- http://www.edgarswings.co.uk/. Missing or empty
- https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g186374-d1755255-i104491496-The_Bishop_s_Palace_and_Gardens-Wells_Somerset_England.html http://www.cliftondiocese.com/stained-glass-window-st-joseph-st-teresas/ http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/poldark-locations-bishops-palace-wells-34543 http://peterspringphotography.co.uk/Bishop-s-Palace-Wells-Somerset/Jun-15-By-Edgar-Phillips_0PS8175.jpg http://www.crownatwells.co.uk/film-and-television-in-wells.html
Edgar Phillips (Artist)[edit | edit source]
This article "Edgar Phillips (artist)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Edgar Phillips (artist). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.