Edmonton & Area Land Trust
|Edmonton and Area|
|Method||Conservation through Private Stewardship|
Edmonton and Area Land Trust (EALT) is a regional non-profit organization based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. EALT promotes conservation of the natural heritage of Edmonton and area through private stewardship, and is registered as a charitable agency with the Canada Revenue Agency. The land trust stewards nine natural areas in the Edmonton area.
EALT approaches the conservation of natural areas through land trust using three basic tools:
- Land acquisition through purchase or donation
- Conservation easement
- Education and stewardship
- City of Edmonton
- Edmonton Community Foundation
- Edmonton Nature Club
- Urban Development Institute - Greater Edmonton Chapter
- Land Stewardship Centre of Canada
- Legacy Lands Conservation Society
- "The Edmonton Nature Club". The Edmonton Nature Club. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Edmonton Community Foundation | Edmonton & Area Land Trust". www.ecfoundation.org. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "WWF and Edmonton and Area Land Trust Go Wild with Geocaching". www.wwf.ca. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Alberta Discover Guide - Conservation Site Database". www.albertadiscoverguide.com. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "News Release: Green partnership at the Golden Ranches". www.ab-conservation.com. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
This article "Edmonton & Area Land Trust" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Edmonton & Area Land Trust. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.