Edmonton & Area Land Trust
|Edmonton and Area|
|Method||Conservation through Private Stewardship|
Edmonton and Area Land Trust (EALT) is a regional non-profit organization based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. EALT promotes conservation of the natural heritage of Edmonton and area through private stewardship, and is registered as a charitable agency with the Canada Revenue Agency. The land trust stewards nine natural areas in the Edmonton area.
Method[edit | edit source]
EALT approaches the conservation of natural areas through land trust using three basic tools:
- Land acquisition through purchase or donation
- Conservation easement
- Education and stewardship
History[edit | edit source]
- City of Edmonton
- Edmonton Community Foundation
- Edmonton Nature Club
- Urban Development Institute - Greater Edmonton Chapter
- Land Stewardship Centre of Canada
- Legacy Lands Conservation Society
Conservation lands[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "The Edmonton Nature Club". The Edmonton Nature Club. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Edmonton Community Foundation | Edmonton & Area Land Trust". www.ecfoundation.org. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "WWF and Edmonton and Area Land Trust Go Wild with Geocaching". www.wwf.ca. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Alberta Discover Guide - Conservation Site Database". www.albertadiscoverguide.com. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "News Release: Green partnership at the Golden Ranches". www.ab-conservation.com. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Edmonton & Area Land Trust" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Edmonton & Area Land Trust. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.