Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations Cross Functional Team
|Headquarters||Crystal City, Virginia, U.S.|
|Parent agency||Department of Defense|
The Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations Cross Functional Team (EMSO CFT), is a cross-functional team created by the United States Department of Defense (DoD). Authorized by Section 911 of the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), the EMSO CFT is currently one of four SECDEF CFTs created under the authorization.
The EMSO CFT was created by Congress as part of the 2019 NDAA. Under Section 917, Congress directed the EMSO CFT's creation  and, under Section 1053 (Guidance on the Electronic Warfare Mission Area and Joint Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations), Congress directed the Secretary of Defense to do the following:
- "establish processes and procedures to develop, integrate, and enhance the electronic warfare mission area and the conduct of joint electromagnetic spectrum operations in all domains across the Department of Defense;"
- "ensure that such processes and procedures provide for integrated defense-wide strategy, planning, and budgeting with respect to the conduct of such operations by the Department, including activities conducted to counter and deter such operations by malign actors."
The Mission of the EMSO CFT is to "identify requirements, develop policies, and implement plans to establish EMS enterprise governance and improve EMSO capabilities across the Depart to achieve EMS superiority, assuring military advantage over our competitors." The goal of their activities is to enable the US to achieve and maintain Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS) Superiority "to assure military advantage across all domains."
The EMSO CFT reports directly to the Secretary of Defense or Deputy Secretary of Defense. The Senior Designated Official is the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General John E. Hyten. The Deputy Director is Major General Lance Landrum.
The EMSO CFT is composed uniformed personnel, DOD civilian personnel, and contractors, The staff of the EMSO CFT act as both team members and as representatives for their parent entities:
- Joint Staff
- United States Army (USA)
- United States Navy (USN)
- United States Air Force (USAF)
- United States Marine Corps (USMC)
- United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
- United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM)
- Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (OUSD A&S)
- Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (OUSD I)
- Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD R&E)
- Department of Defense Chief Information Officer (DOD CIO)
- Secretary of Defense-Empowered Cross-Functional Teams
- Office of the Secretary of Defense
- The Joint Staff
- US Strategic Command
- Electronic Warfare
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Electronic countermeasures
- Electronic counter-countermeasure
- Electronic warfare support measures
- Public Law 115-232. https://www.congress.gov/115/plaws/publ232/PLAW-115publ232.pdf
- DOD Brochure: Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations Cross Functional Team (EMSO CFT)
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Government. This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Department of Defense.
This article "Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations Cross Functional Team" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations Cross Functional Team. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.