|Edit this InfoBox|
|Born||18 July 1976|
|Alma mater||Bilkent Üniversitesi|
Dr. Özkural obtained his PhD in computer engineering from Bilkent Üniversitesi, in Ankara. Having been influential in artificial intelligence for several years, his name appears in the acknowledgements of Marvin Minsky's The Emotion Machine.
Dr. Eray Özkural has invented a long term memory model, called the Heuristic Algorithmic Memory, following a brief collaboration with Ray Solomonoff; the founder of algorithmic information theory. The HAM model was implemented in response to a challenge posed by Solomonoff. It is a model for long-term memory systems, as a general-purpose machine learning solution to one of the three grand artificial intelligence challenges composed by Solomonoff.
Dr. Özkural has designed a next-generation parallel general-purpose machine learning platform, and automated trading systems. He has previously invented an FPGA virtualization scheme for Global Supercomputing, Inc. which was internationally patented. Eray has also designed an energy based currency that seeks to drive green energy proliferation.
Dr. Eray Özkural ultimately seeks to contribute to the development of a type of artificial intelligence called general artificial intelligence, or human level artificial intelligence; a flexible model that is predicted to be able to achieve human level performance or greater, on a large array of cognitive tasks.
Dr. Eray Özkural is the recipient of the 2015 Kurzweil Best AGI Idea Award  for his theoretical contributions to universal induction where he proposed physical arguments for the completeness of induction, and physical definitions of information closing the loopholes from the arbitrary choice of reference machine in Solomonoff’s model of inductive inference.
This article "Eray Özkural" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Eray Özkural. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "The Eight Conference on Artificial General Intelligence".
- Özkural, Eray. "Ultimate Intelligence Part I: Physical Completeness and Objectivity of Induction". arXiv:1501.00601.
- "CS Graduate Receives AGI Prize".
- "EHelath First ICO".
- Minsky, Martin (2007). "The Emotion Machine: Commonsense Thinking, Artificial Intelligence, and the Future of the Human Mind". ACM Digital Library. ISBN 9780743276641.
- Özkural, Eray, "Towards Heuristic Algorithmic Memory", Springer, doi:10.1007/978-3-642-22887-2_47
- "Parallel hardware hypervisor for virtualizing application-specific supercomputers".