Erich W. Kopischke
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Erich W. Kopischke|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|31 March 2007|
|Called by||Gordon B. Hinckley|
|Born||Erich Willi Kopischke|
20 October 1956
Elmshorn, West Germany
From 1975 to 1977, Kopischke served as an LDS Church missionary in the Germany Munich Mission. In December 1978, Kopischke was sealed to Christiane Glück in the Swiss Temple and they are the parents of seven children.
Kopischke has served in many callings in the LDS Church. He was president of Nuremberg Germany Stake from 1994 to 2003. During this time, the English-speaking stake, composed primarily of United States military personnel, and the German-speaking Nuremberg District were combined. Since Kopischke had learned English while working in the mission office on his mission, he was able manage matters of the stake in both languages used by its members.
Kopischke spent most of the 1980s and early 1990s working in the insurance industry. In 1996, he became the Church Educational System area director in the church's Europe Central Area. From 2003 to 2006, he served as president of the Germany Berlin Mission. After returning from this assignment, he became an area seventy and served as second counselor in the presidency of the church's Europe Central Area. He was called as a general authority and member of the First Quorum of the Seventy in 2007. He then served first as a counselor, then from 2009 to 2012 as president of the church's Europe Area.
- 2008 Deseret Morning News Church Almanac (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Morning News, 2007) p. 48
- Church News, June 7, 2008;[full citation needed] April 21, 2007;[full citation needed] October 21, 2006;[full citation needed] October 7, 2006;[full citation needed] March 29, 2003;[full citation needed] April 30, 1994[full citation needed]
- "Elder Erich W. Kopischke", Liahona: 125, May 2007
- "General Authorities: Elder Erich W. Kopischke", lds.org
- Grampa Bill's General Authority Pages: Erich W. Kopischke
This article "Erich W. Kopischke" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Erich W. Kopischke. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.