Eritrea at the 2022 Winter Olympics
|Eritrea at the|
2022 Winter Olympics
Flag of Eritrea
|NOC||Eritrean National Olympic Committee|
|in Beijing, China|
February 4–20, 2022
|Competitors||1 in 1 sport|
|Winter Olympics appearances|
Eritrea is scheduled to compete at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, from February 4-20, 2020. The country made its debut at the 2018 Winter Olympics. Eritrea's team consisted of one alpine skier, Shannon-Ogbnai Abeda, who carried the country's flag during the opening ceremony.
After a brief hiatus, Abeda returned to Eritrea in May 2019 to announce and confirm his intentions for 2022. He is now working with the NOC to have himself and another Eritrean athlete compete in the games.
The following is the list of number of competitors participating in the Eritrean delegation per sport.
Canadian born skier Shannon-Ogbnai Abeda will return and another Eritrean athlete will compete in three disciplines.
Eritrea plans to qualify two athletes for the games. Another athlete will compete in an undisclosed event.
- Rieger, Sarah (28 December 2017). "Calgary skier headed to Winter Olympics... but not with Team Canada". CBC News. Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Phillips, Curtis J. (3 January 2018). "McMurray-born skiier first to represent Eritrea at Winter Olympics". Fort McMurray Today. Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "The First Eritrean Winter Olympian". www.shabait.com. Shabait. 29 May 2019. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Eritrea at the 2012 Winter Youth Olympics
- Eritrea at the 2018 Winter Olympics
- Shannon-Ogbnai Abeda
This article "Eritrea at the 2022 Winter Olympics" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Eritrea at the 2022 Winter Olympics. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.