Evil Dead Rise
|Evil Dead Rise|
|Directed by||Lee Cronin|
|Screenplay by||Lee Cronin|
|Based on||The Evil Dead|
by Sam Raimi
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
Search Evil Dead Rise on Amazon.
Evil Dead Rise is an upcoming American supernatural horror film directed and written by Lee Cronin and produced by Robert Tapert, Sam Raimi, and Bruce Campbell. The film serves as the fifth installment in the Evil Dead franchise.
At the SXSW premiere, Fede Álvarez announced that a sequel was in the works. In addition, Sam Raimi confirmed plans to write Evil Dead 4 with his brother; it was later specified that this film would be Army of Darkness 2. At a WonderCon panel in March 2013, Campbell and Álvarez stated that their ultimate plan was for Álvarez's Evil Dead 2 and Raimi's Army of Darkness 2 to be followed by a seventh film which would merge the narratives of Ash and Mia. On October 30, 2013, co-writer Rodo Sayagues confirmed to DeadHollywood that he and Álvarez would not return for the sequel. That same month, Álvarez took to his Twitter that the rumor was not true. Campbell confirmed that he would reprise his role as Ash, in Army of Darkness 2. Raimi was later confirmed to serve as director on Army of Darkness 2. By November, Campbell expressed doubts in a fourth Evil Dead movie. In September 2017, during a panel at Fan Expo Canada, Campbell stated that he believes the only successful future for the franchise is via a premium cable network, citing Ash vs. Evil Dead on Starz as an example.
In November 2018, Álvarez announced that "They're just ideas right now. Nothing to announce officially. We do have a script for Don't Breathe 2. That's the only difference. We don't have a script for Evil Dead 2. But we do have a script for Don't Breathe 2 that we wrote." He also said that "When I tweeted that I was interested in seeing what people prefer. We were having some internal debates about what people would be interested in most. Unfortunately, Evil Dead 2 won. Which, I guess I would have preferred Don't Breathe 2 to win because it's one of my own creations. Obviously Evil Dead has the bigger following."
On July 10, 2019, Raimi discussed the future of the Evil Dead franchise, saying that "We'd like to make another Evil Dead feature and in fact we're working on some ideas right now." Raimi said that he would be interested in making another film with Campbell, however, Campbell earlier claimed that he has retired from the role of Ash. He said another option would be a sequel to the 2013 reboot, however, he is unsure if Álvarez would want to make a sequel at this point because the director is a successful "artist in demand" now. By October, Raimi announced at the New York Comic Con, that a new film is in development. Bruce Campbell will serve as a producer, and will not be the star of the film. In June 2020, Campbell revealed that Lee Cronin was handpicked by Raimi to write and direct the movie, which will be called Evil Dead Rise.
- Douglas, Edward (2013-03-09). "No Evil Dead 4 ... Army of Darkness 2!". Shock Till You Drop. Archived from the original on 2013-04-10. Retrieved January 18, 2020. Unknown parameter
- "Evil Dead Remake: New Characters, New Story, & Bruce Campbell Cameo". ScreenRant. 2011-07-20. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- "Sam Raimi's Next Project is Army of Darkness 2 Not Evil Dead 4". ScreenRant. July 20, 2011. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Fischer, Russ (March 30, 2013). "Bruce Campbell and 'Evil Dead' Director Fede Álvarez Would Love to Merge Original and Remake Storylines". SlashFilm. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- "BREAKING: Evil Dead Writer Confirms He and Fede Álvarez Exited the Sequel. Describes 'Machina'". Desdehollywood. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Fede Alvarez [@fedalvar] (31 October 2013). ""@MikeMcCabeSad Apparently @fedalvar won't be working on Evil Dead 2, very ungroovy" Don't believe everything you read online ..." (Tweet). Retrieved January 18, 2020 – via Twitter.
- "UPDATED: 'Evil Dead 2' Is Still On With Fede Álvarez". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- "Bruce Campbell Confirms He Will Do Army Of Darkness Sequel". Comicbook.com. October 18, 2013. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- "Twitter / fedalvar: "@thielebenjamin: Hey @fedalvar". Twitter.com. October 26, 2013. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- "Bruce Campbell says No Army of Darkness 2". Youtube.com. November 5, 2013. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- Turek, Ryan (November 5, 2013). "Bruce Campbell Wants to Set the Record Straight About Army of Darkness 2, And He Feels Bad for You". M.shocktillyoudrop.com. Archived from the original on November 10, 2013. Retrieved June 9, 2020. Unknown parameter
- "[EXCLUSIVE] Bruce Campbell Fan Expo Q&A - Hail to the King, Baby! | Nightmare on Film Street". Nightmare on Film Street. September 5, 2017. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- Scott, Ryan (November 2, 2018). "'Evil Dead 2' & 'Don't Breathe 2' Updates Arrive from Director Fede Álvarez". MovieWeb. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- "Sam Raimi Pondering Three Options For Continuing 'Evil Dead' Franchise". Joblo. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Dick, Jeremy (October 4, 2019). "Sam Raimi Teases New 'Evil Dead' Movie with New Director, Bruce Campbell Producing". MovieWeb. Retrieved February 27, 2020.
- "Bruce Campbell Reveals New Evil Dead Plans With Director Lee Cronin – Exclusive". Empire. June 8, 2020. Retrieved June 8, 2020.
- Leighton, Susan. "The Cool Side of My Pillow Interview: A Trip Inside the Mind of Bruce Campbell - Diabolique Magazine". Retrieved June 23, 2020.
This article "Evil Dead Rise" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Evil Dead Rise. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.