Eyassu Worku (born October 18,1998) is an American professional basketball player for KK Zadar of the ABA League and the Croatian League. Eyassu played college basketball at UC Irvine for 4 years. Childhood and Early life Eyassu was born and raised in Artesia, California. He went to Los Alamitos High School where he was a four-year varsity letterman.He lead his team to the Open Division CIF Playoffs and the CIF STATE DIVISION II SEMI-REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. He averaged a team best 24.4 points per game, 7.1 rebounds per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 3.2 steals per game. He was also named First team All-CIF and Sunset League MVP his junior and senior year. He was also rewarded with Orange County Player of the Year. He eventually became the all time leading scorer in Los Alamitos High school history and broke the single-game scoring record with 51 points in a game. He signed a letter intent to play at the UC Irvine. College career In his freshman year at UC Irvine, Worku averaged 7.2 points per game, 3.1 rebounds per game, and 1.9 assists per game. In his sophomore, Worku's production went up where he averaged 11.3 points per game, 3.1 rebounds per game and 3.7 assists per game. He led the team in minutes played and assists and was second in points per game throughout the whole season. He was awarded Big West All conference honorable mention and 2018 Big West All Tournament . In his junior year, Worku averaged 7.0 points per game, 2.4 rebounds per game, and 2.6 assists per game. He helped led his team to the most historical run in UC Irvine history where the team had a 30-5 record to the NCAA tournament where UC Irvine beat Kansas State. In his senior year, he averaged 12.3 points per game, 2.6 rebounds per game, and 4.0 assists per game as he lead his team to his third Big West Championship. He led his team in assists, minutes played, steals and three point field goals made. He was awarded second team All-Big West and finished his career with fifth all time in assist with 413 and fifteenth all time in scoring with 1,273. After the season concluded, he was awarded with a Senior Honorary ESPY Award. On July 21, 2020, Worku signed with KK Zadar of the ABA League and the Croatian League.
This article "Eyassu Worku" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Eyassu Worku. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "EYASSU WORKU RECEIVES HONORARY ESPY AWARD". https://ucirvinesports.com. UCI ATHLETICS. Retrieved 20 June 2020. External link in
- "Big West Reveals 2019-20 Men's Basketball All-Conference Team" (PDF). https://bigwest.org. Big West Conference. Retrieved 9 March 2020. External link in
- Fryer, Steve. "Boys basketball player of the year: Eyassu Worku, Los Alamitos". https://www.ocregister.com. Orange County Register. Retrieved 4 April 2016. External link in
- "Eyassu Worku becomes Los Alamitos' all-time leading scorer in win over Edison". https://www.presstelegram.com. LONG BEACH PRESS TELEGRAM. Retrieved 9 January 2016. External link in
- "Zadar signs rookie Eyassu Worku in his first year in pro basketball". https://www.eurobasket.com/. Retrieved 21 July 2020. External link in