Feel Good Productions
|Feel Good Productions|
|File:Feel Good Productions.jpg |
Logo Feel Good Productions
|📆 Years active||1998–present|
Feel Good Productions (also written as F.G.P.) is an Italian electronic music duo comprised of DJ/producers Pony Montana and Funky Farmer. Their DJ style is a fusion of Western Psychedelic, Asian, Afro-Funk, Latin and Blues combined with contemporary dance floor music like Break Beat, Bass, Moomhbaton, Techno and House, labelled as Global or World Beats.
1998-2007: The first 10 years
In 1998 their music partnership began in the hills of the Langhe area in the North Western part of Italy. It was here that they honed their eclectic DJ style. Later on Feel Good Productions founded the "Asian Underground Collective" featuring many artists from the London global beats scene including DJs Nelson Dilation, Badmarsh and Pathaan, dancers Miss Solange and Jo Wobble, and electronic bands Earthribe, Joi and MC Coleridege from Transglobal Underground.
In 2001 the single "The Feel Good Vibe" was used on the soundtrack to the popular Italian program "Le Iene" and in the F.I.A.T. European advertising campaign, as well as being included on the soundtrack to the 2008 movie "The Love Guru" starring Mike Myers and Jessica Alba. In the same year the single it's been included in their very first compilation "Funkadelica – Dancing to a different drum" (NuN Entertainment/EDEL), a compilation that celebrated the first five years of Feel Good Productions’ pioneering club night. The track list included their own dance floor smash "The Feel Good Vibe" plus rare and unreleased material from Bollywood Brass Band, Momo, Dzihan & Kamien, DJ Nickodemus, Nelson Dilation and Badmarsh. The compilation received great worldwide support and was distributed in more than 40 countries. During the same year they remixed "The last good day of the year" by Cousteau, which won 4 Italian Golden Disc awards.
In 2002 F.G.P remixed an electronic version of "Protector" by Indian master percussionist Trilok Gurtu. The track is included in the Trilok Gurtu remix project "Izzat" alongside some of the biggest names on the global beats scene including Black Star Liner, T.J. Rehmi, Fun-da-mental, Dum Dum Project and Orchestral World Groove. The album was released by UK independent label "X-Squared Rec". That same year saw the official release of the "This is the Sound" EP, featuring Yunis on vocals and a remix version of the title track by drum ‘n’ bass specialists Rollers Inc.
The 2003 is the year of the official release of the album "Funky Farmers" featuring, amongst other guests, Indian musicians Suman Sarkar and Partha Bose on tablas and sitar, vocalist Raiz from Italian dub band Almamegretta and British MCs Daddy E and Tribes da Dread I. During the same year Feel Good Productions remixed the politically aware Italian band Modena City Ramblers delivering a skanking breakbeat version of "Una Perfecta Excusa", featuring MCs Daddy E and Beto Betoya from Spanish band Macaco.
The 2004 saw the official release of the "Voodoo Papa" EP, featuring UK’s up and coming talent Vaanya Diva and legendary MC Navigator (who has collaborated with the likes of D-Note, Freestylers, Asian Dub Foundation, and Roni Size). During the same year Feel Good Productions also composed the movie soundtrack to "Tutto in quella notte" by Italian film director Francesco Bertini (De Laurentis Productions).
Their track "This is the sound" was used on the "Algida / Walls" TV jingle in Europe in 2005. That same year saw the release of "This is the Sound", a collection of some of the best "gems" from their repertoire and some previously unreleased material including "Happy Ending Love" and "No Drama" featuring Brooklyn artist The One Shanti. It also saw Feel Good Productions launch their new label Green Queen Music with the release of the pro-Emergency charity compilation "Mad World" featuring many international bands and producers including Macaco, ADF, Raiz, Orchestral World Groove, Ojos de Brucos, alongside their own collaboration with UK "Don" Navigator on the track "Magimboo".
The 2006 saw the release of the compilation "Funkadelica vol. 2" on Green Queen Music. This compilation continued their commitment to fusing different sounds and cultures from around the world and featured many rare and exclusive tracks by acclaimed global beat producers such as Dum Dum Project, Kamel Nitrate, Asian Dub Foundation, Hi Life Connection, Rahid Taha alongside unreleased material of their own including "Sambhangra" and the reggae dub track "We only got one life" featuring Navigator.
In 2007 they released the compilation "Balkanica!" on Green Queen Music, focusing on the Gypsy & Balkan scene with previously unreleased tracks "Dancing in Draut" and "Nelu’s Theme" and rare/exclusive material from the likes of Dunkelbunt vs Fanfara Ciociarlia, Amsterdam Klezmer Band, Mahala Rai Banda vs Shantel, !Deladap, Eastenders, Magnifico & Turbolenza and OMFO. The compilation received excellent feedback from Global Beats DJs worldwide. That year also saw the release of their 12" vinyl "Balkanica!" EP including FGP tracks from the compilation plus an exclusive remix of the track "Nelu’s Theme" by Stefano Miele aka Madox/Rivastarr.
The 2008 saw the release of a remix project of Occitan band Lou Dalfin on Green Queen Music/Musicalista. The album contained remixes by several global beat producers including Ahilea, Hi Life Connection, DJ Code, DJ Knuf and Dum Dum Project. The 2008 saw the official release of the band’s single "Blinded You" featuring UK singer Vaanya Diva. Their single "The Feel Good Vibe" was also included on the movie soundtrack of "The Love Guru" starring Mike Myers and Jessica Alba.
The 2009 saw the release of the "Gypsyland" EP on Green Queen Music, featuring the title track and a remix version by Dr. Cat. And also the release of the 12" vinyl EP "Knock Knock" featuring legendary UK artist General Levy and soul singer Vaanya Diva The EP included exclusive remixes by Haaksman & Haaksman, Cay Taylan and Drum ‘n’ Bass specialist D Kay.
The 2010 saw the release of the compilation "Balkanica vol. 2" on Green Queen Music. The compilation included the previously unreleased track "Nessunissima" by Feel Good Productions featuring Spanish vocalist Monte. Other artists including on the album were Parov Stelar, Analogic and Balkan Beat Box.
The 2013 saw the release of the compilation "Buonasera Signorina" on Green Queen Music, exploring the upcoming Electro Swing music scene. The compilation included work by several international artists such as Bart & Baker, Skewiff, Odjbox and many more.
In 2014 work began on the new studio album in Romania. After 4 years break in Asia, and becoming a father twice, Funky Farmer met Pony Montana back in the studio for pre-production sessions with Navigator, Yunis, Vaanya Diva and music producers StereoCool and Max Tatti.
The 2016 saw the release of "Stupid Disco" co-produced with Tommy Boy. The track is included on the compilation "Remix Delight" on Green Queen Music featuring exclusive remix tracks from Father Funk, Gentlemen Callers of Los Angeles, Warp 9 and Jenova Collective, amongst others.
The 2017 sees the release of "Cab To Nowhere" co-produced with StereoCool and featuring Yunis on vocals and Michael Lazzarini on horns.
- The Feel Good Vibe EP feat Daddy E (Nun Entertainment/EDEL - 2001)
- Funkadelica CD/ double vinyl compilation (NuN Entertainment/EDEL - 2001)
- This is the Sound EP CD feat Yunis vs Daddy E (NuN Entertainment/EDEL - 2002)
- Funky Farmers CD album (NuN Entertainment/EDEL - 2002)
- Voodoo Papa EP CD feat. Vaanya Diva vs Navigator (EDEL - 2004)
- Mad World (Green Queen Music - 2005)
- This is the sound CD album (EDEL - 2005)
- Funkadelica Vol.2 CD compilation (Green Queen Music - 2006)
- Balkanica CD compilation (Green Queen Music - 2007)
- Balkanica EP 12” vinyl (Green Queen Music - 2008)
- Knock Knock EP 12” vinyl feat. Vaanya Diva vs General Levy (Green Queen Music - 2008)
- Blinded you EP digital feat. Vaanya Diva (Green Queen Music - 2008)
- Gypsyland EP digital (Green Queen Music - 2009)
- Balkanica vol 2 digital (Green Queen Music - 2010)
- Buonasera Signorina CD compilation (Green Queen Music - 2013)
- Stupid Disco digital (Green Queen Music - 2016)
- Casey Kay digital (Green Queen Music - 2017)
- Cab to no where feat. Yunis (Green Queen Music - 2017)
- Hold on to your money feat. Vokab Kompany (Green Queen Music - 2018)
- Cousteau - The last Good Day of the Year/Feel Good Productions rmx (NuN Entertainment - 2001)
- Trilok Gurtu - Protector/Feel Good Productions rmx (X-Squared Records - 2002)
- Modena City Ramblers - Una perfecta excusa/Feel Good Productions rmx (2003)
- Nicola Fasano vs Navigator - Take Action/Feel Good Productions rmx (Hit Rec - 2005)
- Falafel Project - Arcobaleno/Feel Good Productions rmx (2006)
- Hi Life Connection - Danger/Feel Good Productions rmx (Green Queen Music - 2007)
- Lou Dalfin - Rigoudon/Occitania/Feel Good Productions rmx (Green Queen Music/Musicalista - 2008)
Tv Spots, Commercials, Soundtracks
- FIAT European TV Ad (The Feel Good Vibe - 2001)
- Tutto in Quella Notte - F. Bertini / De Laurentis film soundtrack (2004)
- Walls European TV Ad (This is the sound - 2005)
- The Guru Film Soundtrack Universal Pictures (The Feel Good Vibe - 2008)
Glastonbury (UK), Bestival (UK), Womad (UK), Rainbow Serpent (AUS), Boomtown (UK), Traffic (IT), Arezzo Wave (IT), Club To Club (IT), Roma Europa Festival (IT), Ariano Folk Festival (IT), Actual Logrono (SP), Meco (PT), Boom Festival (PT).
Winter Music Conference - Miami (USA), Venice Film Festival (IT), Olimpic Winter Games (Duran-Duran opening) - Torino 2006 (IT), Midem - Cannes (FR), Mtv Day (IT), Amsterdam Dance Event (NL), Twix Challenge - Jumeira Beach (EUA), Biennale Venezia (IT), Locarno Film Festival (CH), European Music Day (GR).
Lion D’or - Montréal, Cargo - London, Paradiso - Amsterdam, Melkweg - Amsterdam, Rumpus @Metal Works - London, La Java - Paris, Lido - Berlin, Le Bonk - Helsinki, La Paloma - Barcelona, Mehanata - New York, Famous Club Polanco - Mexico City, Kab Usine - Geneve, Leopold Cafe’ - Wien, Bunker - Hamburg, Brancaleone - Roma, Cafee Mokka - Thun, Babylon - Istanbul.
- feel good productions billboard charts
- Feel Good Productions Official Website
- Feel Good Productions on YouTube
- Feel Good Productions on Spotify
- Feel Good Productions on Twitter
- Feel Good Productions on Facebook
- Feel Good Productions on Instagram
- Feel Good Productions on Deezer
This article "Feel Good Productions" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Feel Good Productions. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.