|Edit this InfoBox|
Fiona Hamilton-Fairley (Born 1963) is the founder and CEO of The Kids' Cookery School in Acton, West London. She founded the cookery school for children in 1995 and she has authored three books. She is also a 2019 recipient of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire award.
After completing a Cordon Bleu course she founded and managed her own catering company, Corporate Catering Company. Hamilton-Fairley’s vocation for teaching cookery was sparked in 1987 when she began to teach adult how to cook in a number of adult educational centers in London boroughs. Hamilton-Fairley founded KCS in 1995, when she began to teach children in her own home following the realization that her own children would not learn to cook at school.
In 2009 Hamilton-Fairley's Kids' Cookery School started 'KCS on wheels'. Experienced chefs are sent to communities to bring cooking to children who otherwise might not experience the school.
In 2018 Hamilton-Fairley continued to advocate for children learning to cook. She has said that for two decades children were not taught to cook is schools and now they are a generation that lives on junk food. Hamilton-Fairley has been called a children's cooking expert.
- I Can’t Cook (1993) By Fiona Hamilton-Fairley, Bloomsbury Press ISBN 9780747513995 Hardcover (United Kingdom) 24 June 1993; ISBN: 9780747514008 Paperback (United Kingdom) 26 August 1994
- I Can’t Cook: Entertaining (1995) By Fiona Hamilton-Fairley, Bloomsbury Press ISBN:9780747522997 Hardcover (United Kingdom) 24 August 1995
- The Kids' Cook Book (2005) By Fiona Hamilton-Fairley, Self-published
- Little Cooks: 30 Delicious Recipes to Make and Enjoy (1 April 2008) By Fiona Hamilton-Fairley, New Holland Publishers ISBN 1845379845
- Order of the British Empire – official website of the British Monarchy
- Huffington Post Article written by Fiona Hamilton-Fairley
- Hamilton-Fairley, Fiona. "How to Get Your Kids into Cooking". Huffington Post. Verizon Media. Retrieved 10 August 2019.
- Battersby, Kate (27 March 2004). "Big rewards for little chefs". Telegraph Media Group Limited. Retrieved 10 August 2019.
- Knox Merrill, Mary (20 March 2007). "At this school, the food is part of the curriculum". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- Gould, Kevin; Karmel, Annabel (31 August 2002). "We can all go to work on an egg". The Daily Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited. Retrieved 10 August 2019.
- DAVIS, ANNA. "Ready, steady... learn to cook! Appeal families get pop-up class". Evening Standard. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- "Despite the Nation's Obsession with TV Cooking Programmes, Only a Third of Families are Cooking Together Every Month". wallstreet-online. wallstreet:online AG. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- Bazaraa, Danya. "Children's cookery school founder awarded for going 'above and beyond'". mylondon.news. My London (Reach plc subsidiary). Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- "Order of the British Empire". The Gazette. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- Hughs, David. "Queen's birthday honours list 2019: full list of everyone being recognised this year". iNews. JPIMedia Ltd.
This article "Fiona Hamilton-Fairley" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Fiona Hamilton-Fairley. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.