Flinch (2021 Film)
Flinch, sometimes referred to as The Girl Who Didn't Flinch, is a 2021 American crime thriller film written, directed, and produced by Cameron Van Hoy. Starring Daniel Zovatto, Tilda Cobham-Hervey, Cathy Moriarty, Buddy Duress, and Tom Segura. It tells the story of a young hitman who falls for a girl who witnesses him commit a murder. Unable to bring himself to dispose of her, he takes her home and quickly learns that there is more to her than meets the eye.
|Directed by||Cameron Van Hoy|
|Written by||Cameron Van Hoy|
Steven BauerMichael Drayer
|Edited by||Justin Williams|
|January 15th, 2021|
Search Flinch (2021 Film) on Amazon.
Joe Doyle (Daniel Zovatto) is a young hitman following in his father’s footsteps. Quiet and reserved, he is observant and careful, making him very good at what he does. While studying his new target, city council member Ed Terzian (Tom Segura), Doyle develops a distant crush on the councilman’s assistant, Mia (Tilda Cobham-Hervey).
After she walks in on her boss’s assassination, Mia is caught by Doyle who must decide whether to let her go or to dispose of her for good. As Doyle aims the gun at her head, Mia doesn't flinch, bringing him to a crossroads. Unsure of what to do, Doyle brings Mia to his home where he lives with his overbearing mother Gloria (Academy Award Nominee Cathy Moriarty), and holds her hostage until he can gain some clarity.
Doyle’s boss, Lee (David Proval) and his son, James (Buddy Duress), start questioning Doyle about the missing girl, and slowly he comes to find that Mia might not be entirely who he thinks she is. This brings Doyle to the biggest conundrum of his life -- catching feelings.
- Daniel Zovatto as Joe Doyle
- Tilda Cobham-Hervey as Mia
- Tom Segura as Ed Terzian
- Cathy Moriarty as Gloria Doyle
- Buddy Duress as James Vaughn
- David Proval as Lee Vaughn
- Steven Bauer as Joseph Doyle
- Michael Drayer as Connor
The film had a limited theatrical release on January 15th, 2021. It went on to be released digitally in February of the same year on Prime Video, Google Play, and iTunes. It was also released on DVD and VHS on the same date.
The film has been received generally positive reviews from critics. It currently holds a 96% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Douglas Davison of elementsofmadness.com said "...Van Hoy displays the kind of patience, spatial awareness, and narrative control of someone with more feature experience, resulting in a crime thriller with enough surprises to keep you locked in..." of the film.
This article "Flinch (2021 Film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Flinch (2021 Film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "Flinch". IMDB. Retrieved 21 March 2021. Unknown parameter
- Davidson, Douglas (19 January 2021). "Be careful out there. If you "Flinch," you'll catch a bullet". Elements of Madness. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- "Flinch 2021". RottenTomatoes. Retrieved 21 March 2021. Unknown parameter
- "The Girl Wo Didn't". Flinch Official Website. Cameron Van Hoy. Retrieved 21 March 2021. Unknown parameter
- Kojder, Robert (11 January 2021). "Movie Review – Flinch (2021)". Flickering Myth. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- Rausch, Andrew. "WRITER-DIRECTOR CAMERON VAN HOY TALKS ABOUT HIS FANTASTIC NEW CRIME THRILLER, FLINCH". Diabolique Magazine. Retrieved 21 March 2021.