|Born||February 4, 1955|
|Alma mater||Ecole Normale Supérieure|
|Known for||Quantum Field Theory, Quantum Gravity, String Theory, Statistical Mechanics of Surfaces, Membranes and Biological Objects|
Biography[edit | edit source]
François David studied from 1974-1978 physics at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, and graduated in 1982 with a PhD-thesis on Infrared Problems in Perturbative Field Theory.
He works since 1980 as a theoretical physicist at CEA Saclay, where he became Directeur de Recherche (CNRS) in 1989. He was visiting professor at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton (1983-1984). From 1996 - 2001 he directed the École de physique des Houches. He is currently head of the Institute for Theoretical Physics (IPhT), CEA Saclay.
He made seminal contributions to matrix models and quantum gravity., the crumpling transition in elastic membranes, self-avoiding manifolds, RNA folding, tree growth-processes, and quantum mechanics
He taught for many years the master class on "Statistical Field Theory" at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris.
References[edit | edit source]
- David, F. (1988). "Conformal field theories coupled to 2-d gravity in the conformal gauge". Modern Physics Letters A. 03 (17): 1651. Bibcode:1988MPLA....3.1651D. doi:10.1142/S0217732388001975.
- David, F. (1985). "Planar diagrams, two-dimensional lattice gravity and surface models". Nucl. Phys. B. 257: 45–58. Bibcode:1985NuPhB.257...45D. doi:10.1016/0550-3213(85)90335-9.
- David, F.; Guitter, E. (1988). "Crumpling Transition in Elastic Membranes: Renormalization Group Treatment". EPL. 5 (8): 709–713. Bibcode:1988EL......5..709D. doi:10.1209/0295-5075/5/8/008.
- David, F.; Duplantier, B.; Guitter, E. (1997). "Renormalization Theory for the Self-Avoiding Polymerized Membranes". arXiv:cond-mat/9702136.
- David, F.; Wiese, K.J. (1996). "Scaling of Self-Avoiding Tethered Membranes: 2-Loop Renormalization Group Results". Phys. Rev. Lett. 76 (24): 4564. arXiv:cond-mat/9602125. Bibcode:1996PhRvL..76.4564D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.76.4564. PMID 10061323.
- David, F.; Wiese, K.J. (2005). "Instanton calculus for the self-avoiding manifold model". J. Stat. Phys. 120 (5–6): 875–1035. arXiv:cond-mat/0409765. Bibcode:2005JSP...120..875D. doi:10.1007/s10955-005-5253-9.
- David, F.; Wiese, K.J. (2007). "Systematic Field Theory of the RNA Glass Transition". Phys. Rev. Lett. 98 (12): 128102. arXiv:q-bio/0607044. Bibcode:2007PhRvL..98l8102D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.98.128102. PMID 17501158.
- David, F. (2015). The Formalisms of Quantum Mechanics. Springer. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-10539-0.
[edit | edit source]
Category:1955 births Category:Living people Category:Theoretical physicists Category:Mathematical physicists Category:French physicists Category:École Normale Supérieure alumni Category:Participants in the Les Houches Physics Summer School
|This article about a French physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "François David" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:François David. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.