|Chief Executive Officer: London Ambulance Service|
|Assumed office |
30 May 2017
|Preceded by||Andrew Grimshaw|
|Born||8 July 1965|
Garrett Emmerson is a British public servant. Since 30 May 2017, he has served as the Chief Executive of the London Ambulance Service.. He was previously Chief Operating Officer for Surface Transport at Transport for London (TfL), where he had been since 2008.
Following an early career in local government in Newcastle upon Tyne, Preston and Telford, Emmerson became Head of Transportation at Buckinghamshire County Council in 2002, before leaving in 2007 to become a director of transport consultancy Steer Davies Gleave. He joined Transport for London in 2008, initially as Director of Strategy, becoming Chief Operating Officer for London Streets in 2009. Emmerson was also previously a columnist for transport magazine Local Transport Today and from 2004 until 2010 was a member of the Government's Commission for Integrated Transport. In 2011 he was invited to join the government's Motorists' Forum advisory body on road transport and, in October 2015, Emmerson also became a member of the Office of Rail and Road Highways Committee, which monitors the performance of national roads body Highways England
At TfL, Emmerson was responsible for maintaining and operating London's road network, taxi and private hire licensing, congestion charging,the Santander cycle hire scheme, London river services, Victoria Coach Station and the construction of London's cycle superhighways. He most well known for his involvement in the TfL's decision to allow Uber to operate in London. He was also responsible for the construction and operation of the London Olympic Route Network and the controversial Games Lanes in 2012, and for the emergency closures of both the Hammersmith Flyover and Hogarth Roundabout flyover on the A4 for emergency repairs in 2011 and 2013.
1. Paper by Garrett Emmerson on the Future of traffic in cities: (pages 111-124) https://www.racfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Moving_Cities_The_Future_of_Urban_Travel_RAC_Foundation_Dec_2014.pdf
2. Presentation by Garrett Emmerson to Trafikadge Conference, Aalborg, Denmark 2013: https://vimeo.com/105421360
3. London Ambulance Service announces new Chief Executive joining: http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/news/news_releases_and_statements/new_chief_executive_joins_lond.aspx
4. Article about on bus traffic information: https://www.transportxtra.com/publications/local-transport-today/news/49779/live-traffic-news-displayed-on-back-of-london-buses/
5. Article by Garrett Emmerson explaining TfL's Private Hire Regulations Review: http://www.cityam.com/232798/transport-for-londons-road-boss-garrett-emmerson-this-is-why-we-ditched-the-five-minute-rule-and-are-proposing-13-other-changes
6. Presentation by Garrett Emmerson to the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation annual conference, January 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhoYVzUCLyA
7. Article about TfL's Private Hire Regulations Review: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/sep/29/transport-for-london-tfl-could-crack-down-uber-taxi-consultation
8. Emmerson talks about road investment in London: http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/tfl-chief-operating-officer-discusses-roads-investment-in-the-capital/
9. Article about Olympic Route Network in London: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/jun/12/london-traffic-restrictions-during-olympics
10. Garrett Emmerson gives evidence to Parliamentary Select Committee on the Olympics: https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmpublic/olympic/110517/pm/110517s01.htm
11. Mayor Boris Johnson hails success of TfL's Lane Rental scheme for Roadworks: https://www.acenet.co.uk/london-mayor-hails-lane-rental-scheme/1793/2/1/610/3
12.Article on Roadworks in London: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tfl-vows-to-end-rash-of-roadworks-that-clog-up-london-6486101.html
13.Presentation by Garrett Emmerson at the Royal Society of Medicine on how the London Ambulance Service handled the London terror attacks, October 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u64oP1yO9I4
14.Article about the future of transport: https://www.transportxtra.com/publications/local-transport-today/news/4983/
This article "Garrett Emmerson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Garrett Emmerson. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.