|Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||P. L. Punia|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Residence||Auraiya, Uttar Pradesh|
|Profession||Teacher, Principal, Politician|
She is a former district president of the BJP from Auraiya and a prominent leader among the OBC.
She began her career as a teacher and was a Principal from 2005 to 2010 and her husband has also been a Principal. She has two children, a son and a daughter. Her son is in the BSF's Engineering Corps and her daughter is married.
As former member of the Samajwadi Party She unsuccessfully contested from the Bidhuna assembly constituency on SP ticket in the by-elections in 2009.
She is considered close to political big wigs like Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and was considered close to Shivpal Singh Yadav while she was a member of the Samajwadi party. She is prominent leader among the Other backward classes in the state.
- Shantanu, Shashank (2020-10-26). "BJP releases list of candidates for Rajya Sabha election, eyes 2022 UP assembly polls". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- "BJP announces eight candidates for 10 Rajya Sabha vacancies in Uttar Pradesh". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2020-10-27. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- "Rajya Sabha elections: Hardeep Singh Puri, Neeraj Shekhar among BJP candidates from UP". The Indian Express. 2020-10-27. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- "राज्यसभा चुनाव: भाजपा प्रत्याशियों में गीता शाक्य का भी नाम, जानिए- क्या है उनका राजनीतिक प्रोफाइल". Dainik Jagran (in हिन्दी). Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- Oct 26, Pankaj Shah / TNN /; 2020; Ist, 23:23. "Union minister Puri, ex-top cop in BJP list for upper house | India News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
This article "Geeta Shakya" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Geeta Shakya. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.