|Date of birth||19 April 1986|
|Place of birth||Varese, Italy|
|2008-2009||ASD Malnatese Calcio|
|2009-2010||U.P. Gavirate Calcio|
|2013||S.K. Victoria Wanderers F.C.|
|2016||Ulaanbaatar City FC|
|2017||Philippos Alexandreia F.C.||1||(0)|
|2018-||S.K. Victoria Wanderers F.C.|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Giacomo Ratto (born 19 April 1986 in Varese, Italy) is an Italian footballer who currently plays for S.K. Victoria Wanderers of the Gozo First Division in Malta as of 2018. He is mostly known for his peregrinations through multiple countries, including Panama, Nicaragua, Fiji, Zimbabwe, Switzerland, Mongolia, Greece, and Malta, in order to pursue his football career. Also, he lists positioning as one of his strengths and plans to become a coach.
Completing a transfer to UNAN Managua of Nicaragua in July 2014 through agent Carlos Francisco Fariñas on the recommendations of Giampaolo Gronchi of Tauro and Brian Azzopardi of Victoria Wanderers, Ratto recorded his maiden appearance when Los Universitarios were beaten by C.D. Walter Ferreti, stating that the level of football was good there but that there was a lack of facilities, eventually receiving an offer from Khoromkhon of the Mongolian Premier League which caused him to split ways with UNAN, also rejecting an offer from Costa Rica. However, they were knocked out of the AFC Cup, the second-tier Asian competition, so the deal fell through.
Failing to land a deal in Albania, Ratto exchanged information with Suva coach Gurjit Singh, sealing an agreement with them in spring 2015 with Spaniard Adrián Garrido Medina, but was unable to take part in the OFC Champions League in view of the fact that there were registration issues. Recalling his experiences there, he maintained that football in Oceania lacked tactics and was very physical.
Fielded at the preseason four-side Bulawayo Football Festival by Tsholotsho of the Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League in 2016, Ratto failed to make the grade at the Zhwane Boys so was not given a contract and was also suspected of being part of a match-fixing ring then untrammeled in Zimbabwe.
Working toward a contract in South Africa, the goalkeeper got in touch with Cape Town-based football instructor Hendrik Pieter de Jongh who got him a six-month deal in Mongolia with Ulaanbaatar City in 2017, causing him to be the first Italian footballer in the country. Sharing an apartment with two Russians and catching a sickness during his first training session, the Varese native set his sights on clinching the league trophy but was unable to communicate well with his teammates due to language barriers before getting an opportunity to take part in the CONCACAF Champions League with Don Bosco in Haiti which fell through.
Reported to contend for Philippos Alexandreia of the Greek Gamma Ethniki in 2016, the custodian was fielded for the first time encountering Kilkisiakos which ended 0-0. Unfortunately, registration problems coupled with transfer deadline issues forced him to give up on the deal so he trained alone for several months.
Sending highlights packages and his resume to retired Maltese defender Mario Muscat, Muscat arranged a move to S.K. Victoria Wanderers for him which happened in early 2013, debuting in a 3-0 second round victory over Sannat Lions and conceding three goals in his first five fieldings before leaving because of foreigner limitations.
- Giacomo Ratto, il giramondo che ora para nella serie A del Nicaragua VareseNews
- Dalle Figi alla Mongolia: Giacomo Ratto ed il suo incredibile viaggio calcistico Matteo Calautti
- Prime impressioni da Managua Calcio Estero News
- 'BlackJack' Ratto, da Malta alle Fiji: "Io, italiano in Mongolia. Il freddo, l'Africa e lo spagnolo imparato grazie al Depor" Gianluca Di Marzio
- Giacomo Ratto, un italiano ad Ulaanbaatar l'opinions Public
- European imports join Suva Oceania Football Confederation
- Naughty Boys' Italian Job…Four foreign players at Byo Football Fest The Chronicle (Zimbabwe)
- Italian goalie fails to impress Tsholotsho The Chronicle (Zimbabwe)
- Giacomo Ratto, portiere "Into the Wild", ora giocherà in Mongolia Eurosport
- Η Αλεξάνδρεια καλωσορίζει το νέο Ιταλό γκολκίπερ Τζιάκομο Ράτο! Roumlouki.gr
- Τον Ιταλό τερματοφύλακα Ράτο έφερε η Αλεξάνδρεια, αίσιο τέλος με Μπαλαράμπε Pamebala.gr
- Φίλιππος Αλεξάνδρειας – Κιλκισιακός 0-0. Λευκή ισοπαλία στο πρώτο φιλικό στο ΔΑΚ. – Βίντεο – Φώτο Έμβολος
- Un portiere senza frontiere, para i tiri di tutto il mondo VareseNews
- Player Update S.K. Victoria Wanderers Official Website
- Kenneth scores twice as Sannat are beaten again S.K. Victoria Wanderers Official Website
- Former UB City GK Ratto Finally Lands New Club Mongolian Football Central
- Giacomo Ratto, la historia de un italiano de corazón blanquiazul Riazor.org
Category:Association football goalkeepers Category:Living people Category:1986 births Category:Italian footballers Category:Italian expatriate footballers Category:Expatriate footballers in Malta Category:Expatriate footballers in Fiji Category:Suva F.C. players Category:Expatriate footballers in Greece Category:Expatriate footballers in Panama Category:Tauro F.C. players Category:Expatriate footballers in Nicaragua Category:Expatriate footballers in Mongolia Category:Expatriate footballers in Switzerland Category:Varese Calcio players
This article "Giacomo Ratto" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Giacomo Ratto. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.