Type of site
|Area served||Global: UK, Euro-Zone, Sweden, Australia|
|Key people||Hiroki Takeuchi (Founder, CEO) |
Tom Blomfield (Founder)
Matt Robinson (Founder)
GoCardless is a UK-based company launched in 2011 offering online payment services. Its platform enables small and large companies to accept bank-to-bank payments as an alternative to card payments.
History[edit | edit source]
GoCardless was founded in 2011 by Hiroki Takeuchi, Tom Blomfield and Matt Robinson and went through Silicon Valley’s Y Combinator accelerator.  It crossed the barrier of $1 billion annual payment volume in 2015 and processes $3 billion in annual transactions for over 30,000 businesses as of 2018.  GoCardless was ranked 11th in Times Tech Track 100. 
Investors[edit | edit source]
In September 2017, GoCardless announced that it had raised $22.5 million in its Series D funding round from Accel Partners, Balderton Capital, Notion, and Passion Capital. This brings the total amount raised up to $47.3 million.
References[edit | edit source]
- "The Upward March Of Fin Tech - GoCardless Breaks The $1B Barrier". Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- O'Hear, Steve. "GoCardless, a fintech that makes recurring payments easy for subscription businesses, raises $22.5M". Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "GoCardless: About GoCardless". Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- "Fasttrack: GoCardless". Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- Cook, James. "UK fintech startup GoCardless has raised $22.5 million in new funding". Retrieved 21 April 2018.
This article "GoCardless" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:GoCardless. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.