Horace H. Cummings
Horace Hall Cummings (June 12, 1858 – August 1, 1937) was an American educator and a leader in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).
From 1885 to 1887, Cummings served as an LDS Church missionary in Mexico. He translated some sections of the Doctrine and Covenants into Spanish and in 1887 succeeded Helaman Pratt as the president of the Mexican Mission of the church.
In 1904 Cummings chaired the committee that put together the LDS education exhibit for the Palace of Education at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition, and exhibit that came away with more awards than the other state entrants.
Cummings wrote a primary school textbook, Cummings Nature Study for Lower Grammar Grades. A review in the Journal of Education called it a "delightfully sensible" and "attractive" textbook. 
References[edit | edit source]
- Nielson, Reid (2011). Exhibiting Mormonism: The Latter-day Saints and the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199913282.
- “The Journal of Education.” The Journal of Education, vol. 71, no. 8 (1768), 1910, pp. 217–217. JSTOR, JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/42812990.(book review)
- “The Journal of Education.” The Journal of Education, vol. 71, no. 19 (1779), 1910, pp. 525–525. JSTOR, JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/42814668.(book review)
- “The Journal of Education.” The Journal of Education, vol. 69, no. 10 (1720), 1909, pp. 277–277. JSTOR, JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/42917238.(book review)
- “The Journal of Education.” The Journal of Education, vol. 72, no. 12 (1798), 1910, pp. 329–329. JSTOR, JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/42817245.(book review)
[edit | edit source]
- Horace Hall Cummings Family Papers, 1880–1891 : University of Utah
- Horace H. Cummings diary and autobiography, MSS 1575 at L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
This article "Horace H. Cummings" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Horace H. Cummings. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.