|File:ICI Homes New Logo.svg|
|Founder 👔||Mori Hosseini|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Daytona Beach, Florida,
Area served 🗺️
|Mori Hosseini (CEO)|
Tom McCall (COO, CFO)
|Revenue🤑||US$343 million (2015)|
Number of employees
|Divisions||Central Florida, East Central, Mid-Florida, North Florida|
ICI Homes is a custom homebuilding company based in the United States, founded in 1979 as Intervest Construction, Inc. in Daytona Beach, Florida, its present-day headquarters. The company has built over 10,000 homes since its founding.
Intervest Construction Inc. was founded in Daytona Beach in 1979 by Mori Hosseini. Initially having only two employees, Mori built up the company while working towards an MBA at Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University.
In 1984, the North Florida Division was established. By the end of the year, construction had started on 54 homes in the Jacksonville area. By the company's 10th anniversary in 1990, it had built more than 200 homes.
Intervest Construction Inc. started operating under the ICI Homes moniker in 1998 and its corporate logo was launched which is still in use today.
In 2000, at the company's 20th anniversary, the company launched its Central Florida division, primarily focusing on the Orlando and Tampa areas. The company also built homes in communities in Georgia and Tennessee, but returned to Florida exclusivity after a couple years. At the end of the 2003 fiscal year, ICI Homes had marked a total of 10,000 closed homes.
The subprime mortgage crisis that began in 2007 hit the new home construction industry especially hard. ICI Homes prevailed by expanding its efforts into other niches, such as timeshares, condominiums, and renovations. As the market stabilized and improved, the company refocused its efforts back to custom homebuilding.
In 2014, the company added six new communities. In 2015, The Northeast Florida Builders Association (NEFBA) named ICI Homes its 2014 Builder of the Year.
In June 2020, the company acquired 571.86 acres(for $8.42 million) in St. Johns County, Florida near Creekside High School for a mixed-use community called the Crossroads.
All ICI Homes are rated against the company's own EQ FACTOR—a program which rates its homes in terms of quality and energy efficiency—and the national Home energy rating by the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET).
ICI Homes launched its most energy efficient home, The Emerald, in February 2009 at Plantation Bay Golf & Country Club. The Northeast Florida Builders Council (NEFBC) bestowed its Laurel Award for Best Interior Merchandising in a Detached Home priced at more than US$1 million. The Emerald has been praised by environmentalists, builders, and planners for energy efficiency and environmental quality. It received more than 13,000 visits in 2009, a record for the company.
- "ICI Homes". Builder Magazine. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Meet Our CEO". ICI Homes. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "About ICI Homes". ICI Homes. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Largest Area Homebuilders". The Daytona Beach News-Journal. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Largest Area Family-Owned Businesses". The Daytona Beach News-Journal. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "Morteza "Mori" Hosseini, Chair". State University System of Florida. Archived from the original on 20 January 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2015. Unknown parameter
- "ICI Homes is the developer of Boones Landing and Countryside Estates". Century 21 MVP. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "ICI Homes Named Builder of the Year by NEFBA". WhatsUpJacksonville.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "ICI Homes acquires land for mixed-use community in St. Johns County | Jax Daily Record". Jacksonville Daily Record - Jacksonville, Florida. 2020-06-25. Retrieved 2020-12-09.
- "HERS Rating". ICI Homes. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "ICI Homes' Energy-Efficient Emerald Model Home at Plantation Bay Golf & Country Club Wins Coveted Laurel Award". Homes.StAugustine.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
This article "ICI Homes" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:ICI Homes. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.