In the Shadow of the Towers: Stuyvesant High on 9/11
In the Shadow of the Towers: Stuyvesant High on 9/11 is a short HBO documentary film featuring eight former students from Stuyvesant High School, located just blocks away from the World Trade Center.
Directed and produced by Emmy®-winner Amy Schatz, the film weaves footage of the attack with interviews with the alumni, who, as young teenagers, found themselves eyewitnesses to the attack and participants in its harrowing aftermath. Now adults, many from immigrant families, they speak about the backlash against minorities that followed the attack and the friendships with classmates that got them through. The film offers a unique eyewitness perspective on that tragic day – how it felt to be a young person at ground zero and how it forever changed the lives, and dreams, of eight former students and their families.
In the Shadow of the Towers: Stuyvesant High on 9/11[edit | edit source]
This article "In the Shadow of the Towers: Stuyvesant High on 9/11" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:In the Shadow of the Towers: Stuyvesant High on 9/11. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "About | In the Shadow of the Towers: Stuyvesant High on 9/11 | Documentaries". HBO. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- staff/jen-chung (2019-08-20). "New Documentary Examines 9/11 Attacks From Perspective Of Stuyvesant Students". Gothamist. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Turchiano, Danielle; Turchiano, Danielle (2019-09-09). "How Research for One Sept. 11 Doc Spawned Two More, From the Perspective of Stuyvesant High Students". Variety. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- Campanile, Carl (2011-09-09). "Stuyvesant High School students recall 9/11". New York Post. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Goodnough, Abby (2001-09-15). "AFTER THE ATTACKS: THE SCHOOLS; Stuyvesant High Students To Attend Brooklyn Tech". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "What it was like to watch the 9/11 attacks from your classroom window". PBS NewsHour. 2016-09-09. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "The Spectator: New York Times 9/11 Commemorative Issue". Issuu. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "CNN.com - Hate crime reports up in wake of terrorist attacks - September 17, 2001". web.archive.org. 2010-06-20. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- "645 racial incidents reported in week after September 11 - India Abroad | HighBeam Research". web.archive.org. 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- "Amy Schatz & Taresh Batra on "In the Shadow of the Towers"". Amanpour & Company. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- Former NYC high school students recall living through 9/11: "It felt like the buildings were cras…, retrieved 2019-09-25
- "'In the Shadow of the Towers' revisits 9/11 through the eyes of former Stuyvesant High students". The Daily Dot. 2019-09-11. Retrieved 2019-09-25.