Institute of Lutheran Theology
Institute of Lutheran Theology in Brookings, SD
|President||Rev. Dr. Dennis Bielfeldt |
The Institute of Lutheran Theology is a seminary located in Brookings, South Dakota. It provides distance education online and also holds intensive courses at its campus in Brookings, South Dakota.
The Institute of Lutheran Theology is not supported by a single synod or religious association, but several. Instead, it hires and serves people from eight different Lutheran church bodies in the United States, some which recently formed after separating from the ELCA and lack seminaries of their own.
Notable faculty (Past & Present)
- Robert Benne
- Dennis Bielfeldt
- John Eidsmoe
- Paul Hinlicky 
- Jack Kilcrease
- Lucas V. Woodford (emeritus)
The school is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) and is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and is a member of the American Council on Education (ACE).
In situations involving congregations who cannot for whatever reason call a pastor with an already completed M.Div or B.Div, ILT permits students to be called and ordained by a congregation after only taking three courses. However, the ministerial candidate must sign an agreement to take an additional nine courses online following ordination. Only after completion of these nine courses will a Pastoral Ministry Certificate be awarded by ILT.
- "After Schism" (PDF). Lutheran Forum, Summer 2015 issue. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Habits in Mind: Integrating Theology, Philosophy, and the Cognitive Science of Virtue, Emotion, and Character Formation, p.Xby Gregory R Peterson and James Van Slyke
- See dictionary definition of intensive for further reference.
- Paul's theology of the cross : a case study analysis of 2 Corinthians 11:16-12:10 by D Lioy Conspectus: The Journal of the South African Journal of Theology, 2015.
- "Proposal of the Lutheran Theological House of Studies Taskforce - PDF Free Download". doctiktak.com.
- "unaffiliated institution for training pastors and educators" from Paul R. Hinlicky’s Transubstantiation of Christian Doctrine and Glorification of Christian Philosophy by Charles W. Peterson. Seminary Ridge Review. Autumn 2015 Vol. 18, number 1
- "The Trials of American Lutheranism: The torments that the two major American Lutheran churches have visited on themselves". First Things. May 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Lutheran CORE Newsletter, Issue 2.2018 Lent
- "The Founding Director - Roanoke College". www.roanoke.edu.
- "Internationally-known Ethicist Robert Benne to Speak at Beeson Divinity School". www.beesondivinity.com.
- "Dennis Bielfeldt". South Dakota State University.
- "Lutherans For Life - Speakers Bureau - John Eidsmoe". www.lutheransforlife.org.
- "Paul Hinlicky". www.roanoke.edu.
- "Jack Kilcrease Aquinas College".
- "Dr. Jack D. Kilcrease Concordia Theological Seminary Fort Wayne Media Resources".
- Minnesota South elects Woodford to first term
- "Collegium Fellows - DOXOLOGY".
- 2018 Accreditation
- "Institute of Lutheran Theology - Council for Higher Education Accreditation". www.chea.org.
- ACE president’s weekly email newsletter to higher education leaders
- "Working Toward a Ten Year Strategic Plan" (PDF). Canadian Association of Lutheran Congregations. 19 October 2014. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
This article "Institute of Lutheran Theology" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Institute of Lutheran Theology. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.