International Hourglass Festival
|International Hourglass Festival|
جشنواره بین المللی ساعت شنی
|Begins||January 21, 2018|
|Ends||March 21, 2018|
|Inaugurated||January 21, 2018|
International Hourglass Festival (Persian: جشنواره بین المللی ساعت شنی) is an art and media festival dedicated to anti-Israel productions.  The first edition of the festival was supposed to be held in April 2018,, but was subsequently postponed until July 2108,  and then again until December 30th, 2018.
Goals[edit | edit source]
Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, assistant to the Speaker of the Iranian parliament, described the festival as a symbol of the “imminent collapse” of Israel, as predicted by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to occur in less than 25 years. According to Mehdi Ghomi, the executive secretary of the festival, the festival will be a joint work with 2400 NGOs from Europe, North America, Latin America, and Eastern Asia.
Fields[edit | edit source]
According to the executive secretary of the festival, it will consist of 11 categories and it invites productions from around the world in the form of "posters, cartoons, websites, mobile apps, games, animated graphics and other cyber-related products", all dedicated to the collapse of Israel.
Prizes[edit | edit source]
According to Mehdi Ghomi, each category winner will win $1,800, and the overall winner will be awarded $2,700.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Iranian Jews in Israel
- Iran–Israel proxy conflict
- International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust
- Arab League–Iran relations
- Iran–Israel relations
References[edit | edit source]
- Goodenough, Patrick. "Iran to Hold Festival Dedicated to Eventual Destruction of Israel". CNS News. Archived from the original on 1 March 2018. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Despite Latest Iranian Outrage, Euro-Business Keeps Churning". Frontpage Mag. 5 March 2018. Archived from the original on 5 March 2018. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Iran to hold International 'Israel Hourglass' Festival". Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Iran to Host "Hourglass Festival" in Anticipation of Israel's Destruction within 25 Years". The Tower. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- The first international festival of Hourglass is prolonged
- The first International Hourglass Festival focused on opposing to Zionism is held in (9th of Dey, Iranian solar calendar) 30th, December.
- "New Iranian festival fetes Israel's predicted destruction by 2040". Archived from the original on 10 March 2018. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
This article "International Hourglass Festival" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage International Hourglass Festival/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.