J. Smoke Wallin
|J. Smoke Wallin|
|Born||John Smoke Wallin|
Longboat Key, Florida
|Other names||Smoke Wallin|
|Alma mater||Cornell University|
John Smoke Wallin is an American entrepreneur and the current CEO of Vertical Wellness, a CBD and hemp-based cannabis CPG company. Wallin has also founded several companies including Taliera, Beach Whiskey, eSkye Solutions, the Wine Industry Technology Symposium and, most recently, the cannabis company Vertical. He is also the former president and chairman of Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America and helped build National Wine & Spirits (now RNDC (Republic National Distributing Company) and Breakthru Beverage).
Early life and education[edit | edit source]
John Smoke Wallin was born in 1966. He grew up in Longboat Key, Florida, where he attended Bayshore High School until his graduation in 1984. Wallin earned his Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics from Cornell University in 1988, where he was a part of the Sigma Nu fraternity. He also received an MBA from Vanderbilt University in 1993.
Career[edit | edit source]
Wallin also founded the Wine Industry Technology Symposium in 2005, and he continued to co-chair and run the symposium until 2015.
In 2015, he founded Beach Whiskey and served as their CEO until 2017, when he stepped down as CEO of Beach Whiskey to focus on Taliera, a brand management
In 2018, Wallin was brought on as President of Distribution for Vertical Companies. He and Vertical partnered with rapper The Game and entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk to promote the cannabis brand Trees By Game.
Wallin served as Chairman & President of the Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA). He also held multiple roles within Young Presidents' Organization, including Chairman of the Global Beer Wine & Spirits Network Junior Achievement organization in Indianaand the Experiential Learning & Entrepreneurship Foundation (ELEF).
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Wallin named eSkye Solutions after his oldest son Skye. He is married to singer-songwriter Anitra Carr.
Recognition[edit | edit source]
Wallin was named one of the Indiana Business Journal's “Forty under 40” in 1996 and received the Vanderbilt Business “Distinguished Alumni Award”. Wallin also received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award from EY in 2001.
References[edit | edit source]
- Wallin, Smoke (20 January 2018). "The Power of Choice: A Boy Named Smoke". Medium.com. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Weston, Amanda. "Cannabis is 'Greatest Growth Opportunity in Our Lifetime,' Vertical Wellness CEO Says". Cheddar.
- "Taliera switches strategy for buying underperforming brands of booze".
- "Forbes.com: Smoke Alarm". www.forbes.com.
- Curran, Kevin (2 October 2018). "Pepsi's Plunge into Cannabis is Inevitable".
- reporter, Lorene Yue, Tribune staff. "Union Beverage parent adds Illinois distributor partner".
- "Cornell University | Search People | Cornell Directory".
- "J. Smoke Wallin, Vanderbilt Business". 2013-12-09.
- "New Innovations In Wine + Technology: Four Leaders, One Curveball".
- "Life's Beach Whiskey". 2016-06-24.
- "Vertical Expands Executive Team; Cements Leadership in Legal Cannabis Industry".
- "J. Smoke Wallin / Co-Chair, WITS | Wine Industry Technology Symposium".
- "Sun Worshiping, Moon Chasing, Fun Seeking: 5 Questions with J. Smoke Wallin".
- "Board | Junior Achievement of Central Indiana".
- "Tapping Internet for wine, liquor". Crain's Chicago Business. 2000-05-14.
- "Forty Under 40: Past Recipients". www.ibj.com.
- "Distinguished Alumni Award - Vanderbilt Business School".
This article "J. Smoke Wallin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:J. Smoke Wallin. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.