Jeffery D. Long
Jeffery D. Long (born 1969) is a religious studies scholar who works on the religions and philosophies of India, particularly Hinduism and Jainism. He is a professor of religion and Asian studies at Elizabethtown College.
Education and career
Long graduated with a BA from the University of Notre Dame in 1991. He received his MA and PhD at the University of Chicago in 1993 and 2000, respectively. His PhD thesis was titled Plurality and Relativity: Whitehead, Jainism, and the Reconstruction of Religious Pluralism. He began work at Elizabethtown College in 2000.
In 2018, Long received the Hindu American Foundation's Dharma Seva Award "for his efforts to help mainstream Americans understand Hinduism in academia and public schools."
- Long, Jeffery D. (23 January 2007). A Vision for Hinduism: Beyond Hindu Nationalism. I.B.Tauris. ISBN 9781845112738 – via Google Books. Search this book on
- Long, Jeffery D. (2009). Jainism: An Introduction. I.B. Tauris. ISBN 978-1-4416-3839-7. OCLC 608555139. Search this book on 
- Long, Jeffery D. (2011-09-09). Historical Dictionary of Hinduism. Scarecrow Press. ISBN 978-0-8108-7960-7. Search this book on
- Long, Jeffery D. (2020). Hinduism in America: A Convergence of Worlds. Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 978-1-4742-4845-7. OCLC 1159617533. Search this book on
- "Elizabethtown College -Directory". Archived from the original on 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2009-04-28. Unknown parameter
- Long, Jeffery D. (2000). Plurality and relativity: Whitehead, Jainism, and the reconstruction of religious pluralism (PhD thesis). University of Chicago.
- "Know Thy Neighbor: Cultivating a Community of Respect (talk announcement)". Township of Derry, Hershey PA. March 19, 2018. Retrieved October 14, 2020.
- "2017 Surjit Singh Lecture (announcement)". Graduate Theological Union. February 22, 2017. Retrieved October 17, 2020.
- "California textbook controversy over Hindu history". Archived from the original on October 18, 2006. Unknown parameter
- "Hindu American Foundation holds gala, policy conference in Washington, D.C." News India Times. 2018-06-24. Archived from the original on 2020-10-12. Retrieved 2020-10-12. Unknown parameter
- Gough, Ellen (March 2010). Religious Studies Review. 36 (1): 97. doi:10.1111/j.1748-0922.2010.01412_4.x.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Jeffery D. Long publications indexed by Google Scholar
This article "Jeffery D. Long" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jeffery D. Long. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.