Jeffrey S. Grob
Jeffrey S. Grob
|Auxiliary Bishop-Elect of Chicago|
|Appointed||September 11, 2020|
|Ordination||May 23, 1992|
by Joseph Bernardin
|Born||March 19, 1961|
Jeffrey S. Grob (born March 19, 1961) is an American priest of the Catholic Church who was appointed as auxiliary bishop for the Archdiocese of Chicago in 2020.
Grob was born in Cross Plains, Wisconsin. He attended elementary school at Saint Francis Xavier Catholic School in Cross Plains, and high school seminary at Holy Name High School Seminary in Madison. He pursued higher education at the Saint Meinrad Seminary and the Pontifical College Josephinum, graduating from the latter with a bachelor's degree in religious studies in 1988. He attended Saint John's University in Minnesota for one year, then continued his studies at Mundelein Seminary in Illinois, receiving a master of divinity degree in 1992.
On May 23, 1992, Grob was ordained to the priesthood by Cardinal Joseph Bernardin. He obtained a licentiate in sacred theology in 1999 from Mundelein, and a licentiate in canon law in 2000 and doctorate in canon law in 2007 from Saint Paul University in Ottawa, Ontario. His doctoral thesis was a comparative study of the 1614 and 1998 versions of the Rite of Exorcism.
- Catholic Church hierarchy
- Catholic Church in the United States
- Historical list of the Catholic bishops of the United States
- List of Catholic bishops of the United States
- Lists of patriarchs, archbishops, and bishops
- O'Brien, Joseph (January 14, 2018). "Understanding Exorcism: An Interview with Father Jeffrey Grob, Specialist in the Rite of Exorcism". Adoremus Bulletin.
- "Pope Francis names three auxiliary bishops for Chicago Archdiocese". Angelus. Catholic News Service. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Grob, Jeffrey S. (2007). A major revision of the discipline on exorcism: A comparative study of the liturgical laws in the 1614 and 1998 Rites of Exorcism (Thesis). University of Ottawa (Canada).
- "Pope Francis Names Three New Auxiliary Bishops of Chicago" (Press release). USCCB. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Brockhaus, Hannah. "Franciscan Friars of the Renewal co-founder among Chicago's new auxiliary bishops". Catholic News Agency. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Tafoya, Bernie. "Pope Francis Names Three New Auxiliary Bishops For Archdiocese Of Chicago". WBBM. Retrieved September 11, 2020 – via Radio.com.
Others articles of the Topics Biography AND Illinois : Gary M. Polland
Others articles of the Topic Biography : Alberto Nassetti, Oliver Mitchell, Neldon Theo French, Foxhall A. Parker Sr., Edward E. Gyatt, Edmund Reggie, Vitas Varnas
Others articles of the Topic Catholicism : Jesuit Institute South Africa, Divine Office, Tradinista!, Organisations that defend the Catholic Church's official teaching on homosexuality, Major basilica, Most Holy Trinity Seminary, First Council of Constantinople
Others articles of the Topic Illinois : Charles Gustave "Pat" Hall, Gary M. Polland, Ewald Max Hoyer, Career Education Corporation, Chicago White Sox
|This Catholic Church-related biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Jeffrey S. Grob" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jeffrey S. Grob. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.