|Birth name||Jekaterina Pranevič|
|Born||March 26, 1987|
|Genres||Pop music, Jazz, Folk, Soul|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, vocal coach|
Jekaterina Fiodorova (stage name: aika) (born 1987 in Vilnius) is a Lithuanian singer, songwriter and vocal coach. She auditioned for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016. She was a semi-finalist in the second season of the music project The Voice Lithuania. She currently performs and creates music under her stage name Aika.
Fiodorova started to sing from age six. She began studying at Vilnius Balio Dvariono ten-year school and Vilnius "Juventos" gymnasium. After graduating in 2012 she studied at the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theater, specialising in jazz vocal. In 2016 she attained the degree of jazz performer and pedagogy master degrees.
She has been part of numerous musical band projects where she also performs and creates music: Volumetears, Jazz Pink Ja. Duet Volumetears song SHE is part of the original soundtrack for Audrius Mickevicus' short film 2 Cups Of Yoghurt.
Fiodorova's parents were actors at the Russian Drama Theatre of Lithuania in Vilnius. Jekaterina Pranevic got married on October 13, 2018 and changed her last name Jekaterina Fiodorova.
- 2003, 2005 winner of Grand Prix Baltic countries young performers contest Mūza.
- 2011 Jekaterina Fiodorova and Ana Polukord duet Volumetears song She selected for Audrius Mickevicius short film 2 cups of yoghurt. Film was nominated for Golden Crane awards. Song She was included in Lithuanian music selection for export Note Lithuania 2013.
- 2012 with group "Singaz" won "Grand Prix Vilnius Jazz Youngpower" contest.
- 2013 Stage name Catrinah.
- 2013 participant at The Voice Lithuania second season.
- 2014 established a jazz duo Social Call in tandem with singer Ruta Svipaite.
- 2016 participant at Eurovision auditions with song “Be Free”.
- 2017 with winners of Eurovision Lithuania auditions group Fusedmarc represented Lithuania at Eurovision song contest in Kiev as back vocal.
- 2018 stage name aika.
Eurovision song contest
In 2016 she reached the semi-finals in the auditions for the Lithuanian entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song Be Free. At auditions stood out with bright and dramatic stage image.
- "AGATA Gyvai" pradėti savaitgalį kviečia su kylančiu soul muzikos duetu "Volumetears". DELFI.
- "Singaz – Vilnius Jazz festivalio atlikėjai". vilniusjazz.lt.
- "Lietuvos balso" dalyvė Jekaterina Pranevič: "Noriu scenoje apnuoginti sielą, kaip tai darydavo Amy Winehouse". 15min.lt.
- ""Lietuvos balso" dalyvė įsiamžino nuoga su anakonda ir pitonu". lrytas.lt.
- "Atlikėja Catrinah pristato "eurovizinį" kūrinį "Be Free"". tv3.lt.
- "Eurovizijos". lrytas.lt.
- "Ištekėjo "Eurovizijos" atrankoje išgarsėjusi J. Pranevič: pasirodymas ekrane tapo lemtingu". lrytas.lt. October 15, 2018.
- "Atlikėjos Catrinah įvaizdis vienus pašiurpino, kitus privertė aiktelėti". DELFI.
This article "Jekaterina Fiodorova" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jekaterina Fiodorova. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.