JOHN EBELING is a former Professional Basketball Player.
Ebeling grew up in Trenton, New Jersey attending Hamilton High East High School (Steinert) graduating in 1978. He participated in many sports such as Track, Basketball and Football. He is honored on the Hall of Fame.
Ebeling then attended Florida Southern College from 1978 to 1982 while playing on their basketball team. While playing basketball at Florida Southern they advanced to the final four for 3 years in a row from 1980, 1981,1982.
They won a National Championship in 1981. Third place in 1980 and second place in 1982. Ebeling literally put Florida Southern College on the map in NCAA Div II Basketball.
John Ebeling was drafted by the NBA Detroit Pistons with the 3rd pick in the 5th round, but ended up playing overseas for almost 20 years. He played in Switzerland, Spain but mostly in Italy.
His Playing Jersey #31 is retired at Florida Southern College as well as his #15 in Ferrara, Italy.
Some of Ebeling's achievements as a Basketball Player are:
- NCAA Div II All American in 1980, 1981, 1982
- NCAA Player of the Year 1982
- NCAA All Elite Eight Tournament Team 1980, 1981, 1982
- NCAA Div II 50th Elite Eight Anniversary Team along with: Walt Frazier, Antonio Garcia, John Ebeling, Phil Jackson , Earl Monroe, Jerry Sloan, Kebu Stewart, George Tinsley, Marvin Webster, Arad McCutchan, Ed Smallwood
- Voted Best Player In Sunshine State Conference in the last 25 years in 2016
- Sunshine State Conference Hall of Fame
- Florida Southern College Hall of Fame
- Italian Basketball League All Star Game 1985 + 1986
- Small College Basketball Hall of Fame – November 17, 2016 along with: Phil Jackson, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Jerry Sloan , Dick Barnett, Bevo Francis, John Ebeling, John Rinka, Lucious Jackson, Bob Hopkins, Travis Grant, Clarence Gaines, Arad McCutchan , John McLendon
- Mentioned in the book by Jay Bilas, “Toughness” as being the toughest competitor he has ever played against.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DET/draft.html http://www.steinertathletichof.com/ebeling.html http://theciaa.com/news/2005-06/060307-ncaad2team
This article "John Ebeling" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:John Ebeling. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.