|Born||October 15, 1969|
|🏡 Residence||Miami, FL|
Founder/CEO at M8
💵 Salary :
John Santiago (born October 15, 1969) is an American entrepreneur and the Founder and CEO of M8, an iProspect Company; subsidiary company of Dentsu Aegis Network. Headquartered in Miami, FL. and with offices throughout the Americas, M8 is best known for providing advertising services for U.S.-based companies looking to connect and grow market share with multicultural consumers or expand across the Americas.
John is also an active Angel investor and is the founder and managing director of The Oven, which provides seed capital, professional guidance, physical and corporate infrastructure, and the relationships necessary to launch successful early-stage technology businesses. Current investments include, Daycation and Coach HQ.
Prior to the 2016 election, in order to promote citizen participation in our elections, John built and marketed a platform called Democracy Day—a platform that actively encourages companies to give Election Day off to all their employees.
In 2017, after discovering Hurricane Irma would directly strike Puerto Rico, John took action. In less than a week he concepted and, along with a team of developers, built the application Join Together--a community assistance app that connects people affected by crisis to neighbors willing to help.
Early life and career
John Santiago was raised in New York City and spent his early years composing and performing music in venues throughout the NE of the US.
In 1996, John began a career in marketing and advertising working for a leading direct-marketing agency on Madison Avenue before becoming a founding member, shareholder and COO of one of New York’s first leading interactive advertising agencies, Mass Transit Interactive; currently Horizon Media.
In 2001, John relocated from NY to Miami, and founded Media 8, a digital agency focused on helping brands connect with Hispanic consumers throughout Latin America. Media 8 quickly expanded throughout Latin America, opening offices in Argentina, Venezuela, and Mexico the following years.
The company gained recognition and growth through working with renowned global companies such as Sony, Estee Lauder, Unilever, General Mills, Starwood Hotels, Hertz, and Dell.
In 2005, The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), awarded John with "Los Pioneros" Award (English translation: "The Pioneers”). The "Los Pioneros" Award honors innovative marketing trailblazers in online Hispanic Advertising who successfully incorporate Interactive in their marketing and advertising architecture.
In 2014 John rebranded the organization from Media 8 to M8; allowing the company to move beyond digital media, to become a more complete advertising agency that offers media distribution along with digital strategy, brand consulting, creative development, content creation, search marketing, social media, application development, and data analytics.
In 2018, M8 was acquired by Dentsu Aegis Network. Dentsu Aegis is a multinational media and digital marketing communications company. It is one of the top 5 global advertising and marketing agency holding companies, and M8 is aligned within its iProspect® brand (a leading performance global marketing agency).
As of 2019, under John’s leadership as CEO, M8 focuses on assisting global corporations in connecting with consumers in the U.S and LATAM, and operates in offices located in the U.S., Argentina, and Colombia.
In May 2019, M8 won a Silver Effie Award with its client Sprint, in the Telecom Category.
Due to his experience and leadership, John participates in Advertising Industry conferences and speaking engagements such as AdWeek, Portada, and Culture Marketing Council AHAA, among others.
Awards and recognition
- In 2005, John was recognized as one of the 10 online “Pioneros” by The Interactive Advertising Bureau.
- USA, Dentsu Aegis Network (2018-04-16). "#Introducing: M8 an iProspect Company". Medium. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Brainfood Speaker Series Features M8 -". TheLab Miami. 2017-10-26. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- Dahlberg, Nancy (August 9, 2018). "Need a Daycation? Sure you do: This Miami startup will tempt you to call in sick". Miami Herald. Retrieved November 6, 2019. Unknown parameter
- "Discrepancies in Online Campaign Metrics". DMNews.com. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "The next challenge: digital". adage.com. 2005-05-02. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "M8". TDA. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "IAB to honor pioneers in online media". adage.com. 2005-12-05. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Media 8 rebrands to M8, adds personnel in NYC, LA and Mexico". Portada. 2014-10-16. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Digital Marketing and Advertising Services". M8. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Dentsu Aegis Network Acquires Marketing Agency M8, Expands Multicultural Offering". Portada. 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Who We Are | Dentsu Aegis Network". www.dentsuaegisnetwork.com. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Dentsu Inc. mulling realignment to become pure holding company". adage.com. 2018-08-09. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Dentsu Aegis Boosts iProspect's Multicultural Chops With M8 Acquisition". www.mediapost.com. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- Malone, Michael. "NYC TV Week: 2020 Census Will Be Illuminating". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "M8 Wins Silver Effie Award in Telecom Category with Multicultural Campaign for Sprint". www.businesswire.com. 2019-05-31. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- Ayala|January 15, Nancy; 2007. "Speaking Same Language Bilingual Web Sites Target Young Hispanics". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Taboola". Portada. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Speakers". Portada. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "AHAA | Agenda 2017 Conference". www.culturemarketingcouncil.org. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "John Santiago From M8: The Difference Between A Creative Director And Data Is That Data Doesn't Take Things Personally". PRODU.COM (in español). Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "IAB ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF THE 2005 LOS PIONEROS AWARD". IAB. 2005-12-06. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of this article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include conflict of interest, autobiography, and neutral point of view.
This article "John Santiago" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:John Santiago. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.