|Original author(s)||Chang Yu Hern|
|Initial release||December 10, 2017|
|Operating system||IOS, Android|
JomRun is a top ranking health and fitness mobile application that allows users to amass points while they are running and walking. These can then be redeemed at partner stores for various rewards. As of August 2019, Jomrun has 100,000 active users and is growing at an average of 20,000 downloads per month. The running app has partnered with 30 companies that provide users with the option to redeem thier in-app points based on their running time and distance covered, for various exclusive discounts and vouchers from thier stores.
It was launched in December 2017 by Yi Hern Chang, an Oxford graduate in BA in Engineering Science. Yi Hern first envisioned the application in March 2017. In March 2018, 3 months after its initial launch Jomrun was picked as one of seven startups to receive funding from Sunway iLabs Accelerator Programme. It was awarded RM50,000 in seed funding from Sunway University and Nexea Angels as well as RM150,000 worth of Google Cloud credits and legal advisory from Chooi & Company. Inspired by the success of Pokemon Go, he wanted to combat the obesity epidemic in Malaysia by incentivising users to run. However instead of rewarding users with virtual items as in Pokemon Go, Jomrun was created so that users can exchange thier virtual points for real world rewards from its partner companies such as Zalora, and Brooks. 
The app itself does not track the users movements, rather it allows them to link a third party tracking app like Strava, Polar or Apple Health to the running app in order to keep track of distance covered and other metrics. The app also features various challenges that the user can complete on a daily or weekly basis in order to get rewards. The social feature of the app gives users the ability to issue challenges for competitive running, it also allows users to organize running events. So it is commonly used to organize marathon events, plogging runs, charity runs and various other large scale running events with around 6000 participants. 
References[edit | edit source]
- Content, WOB Partner (2019-05-31). "Meet Yi Hern, a 22yo Oxford Grad from JB Who Created a Running App That's Now #1 in App Stores - WORLD OF BUZZ". https://www.worldofbuzz.com/. Retrieved 2019-08-17. External link in
- "Yi Hern Chang Revenue & App Download Estimates from Sensor Tower - Apple App Store". sensortower.com. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- Wong, Dale John (2018-03-29). "What Will Finally Get M'sians Running? This 22-Year-Old Believes It's Rewards". Vulcan Post. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "Malaysia's First Running Rewards App JomRun Hits 6000 Users In Five Months". Welltodo. 2018-05-03. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "Seven startups chosen for Sunway iLabs accelerator programme". Digital News Asia. 2018-03-16. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- www.nst.com.my https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017/06/246538/malaysians-most-obese-region. Retrieved 2019-08-17. Missing or empty
- aanuarzulkifli. "Extra Joss Extra Marathon 2019 di Setia Alam 1 September - KL & Putrajaya". Utusan Online. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "Sweating it out for the planet". The Star Online. 2019-07-18. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "Support for Plogging Run | Daily Express Online - Sabah's Leading News Portal". www.dailyexpress.com.my. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "Run for fitness and charity". The Star Online. 2019-06-27. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- www.bharian.com.my https://www.bharian.com.my/berita/nasional/2019/06/577507/larian-amal-hla-hlmt-bantu-pesakit-barah. Retrieved 2019-08-17. Missing or empty
- XIAN, LIEW JIA (2019-07-22). "Fun race with artistic twist". The Star Online. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- Nadzi, Nur Izzati Izzah; aanuarzulkifli. "Forest Run 2019 tawar RM500 - KL & Putrajaya". Utusan Online. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- SHARMITHASHINI, VENESA DEVI and M. (2019-05-31). "Errant Ramadan bazaar traders compounded". The Star Online. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- Lajim, Faliq (2019-01-13). "Peserta mengamuk tak dapat medal larian". HM Online (in Bahasa Melayu). Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- Nadzi, Nur Izzati Izzah; aanuarzulkifli. "2,058 langkah ke puncak Menara KL, menangi RM44,600 - KL & Putrajaya". Utusan Online. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "为马运会暖身．新山市厅7月6彩色跑". www.sinchew.com.my. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "Events". Running Events Malaysia - Run Rewarded. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
This article "JomRun" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:JomRun. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.