Jorge Vargas González
Jorge Vargas González
|Member of the Regional Board of O'Higgins, representing Cardenal Caro Province|
|Assumed office |
11 March 2018
|Preceded by||Gustavo Rubio Mori|
|38th Mayor of Pichilemu|
4 November 1999 – 20 July 2007
|Preceded by||Carlos Leyton Labarca|
|Succeeded by||Víctor Rojas González|
6 December 1996 – 9 November 1998
|Preceded by||Orlando Cornejo Bustamante|
|Succeeded by||Carlos Leyton Labarca|
|Councillor of Pichilemu|
26 September 1992 – 6 December 1996
|Born||8 February 1967|
|Political party||Christian Democrat Party of Chile (inscribed in 1987)|
|Spouse(s)||Andrea Aranda Escudero (married 1998)|
|Alma mater||Pontifical Catholic University of Chile in Maule|
Metropolitan University of Educational Sciences
Diego Portales University
|Occupation||Civil servant, radio presenter|
Jorge Fabián Vargas González (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈxoɾxe faˈβjam ˈbaɾɣaz ɣonˈsales]; born 8 February 1967) is a Chilean politician. He served as councillor of Pichilemu between September 1992 and December 1996, and as the 38th Mayor of Pichilemu, between December 1996 and November 1998, and from November 1999 to July 2007.
Jorge Fabián was born on 8 February 1967 in Pichilemu, current Cardenal Caro Province, Region of O'Higgins, to Jorge Enrique Vargas López and Mercedes del Carmen González González (d. 13 August 2010). Vargas has two sisters: Verónica and Rebeca. Vargas was educated in the Escuela Doctor Díaz Lira, current Colegio de la Preciosa Sangre, and the Escuela Digna Camilo Aguilar, where he completed his primary studies. He briefly studied at the Instituto Regional Federico Errázuriz of Santa Cruz, and graduated from the Liceo Agustín Ross Edwards in 1984.
After graduating from high school, he attended the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile in Maule from 1987 to 1991. After graduating from the career of Pedagogy in Physical Education (Lua error in Module:Unicode_data at line 290: attempt to index local 'data_module' (a boolean value).), he enrolled in 1993 to the Metropolitan University of Educational Sciences in Santiago, leaving the next year with a technical title in administrative management. He later obtained a degree in education (Lua error in Module:Unicode_data at line 290: attempt to index local 'data_module' (a boolean value).), majoring in educational administration, and a master's degree in management and planning from the Diego Portales University. Between 1994 and 1999, he worked as a teacher in several schools in Pichilemu.
Jorge Vargas married Andrea Natalia Aranda Escudero (b. 27 May 1972) on 27 February 1998 in Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region. The couple has three children: Camila Andrea (b. 12 September 1998), Alicia Paz, and Emilia.
Vargas became a member of the Christian Democrat Party of Chile (PDC) in 1987 and, in the following year, he was elected coordinator of the Christian Democrat Youth in the province of Cardenal Caro (Lua error in Module:Unicode_data at line 290: attempt to index local 'data_module' (a boolean value).), and president of the University Christian Democracy (Lua error in Module:Unicode_data at line 290: attempt to index local 'data_module' (a boolean value).). He was additionally elected delegate of his class at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile in Maule. In 1989, Vargas González was elected secretary general of the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile in Maule Students' Federation and, in 1990, he became the president.
Councillor of Pichilemu
Vargas González was a candidate for the municipal election of 1992, representing the Christian Democrat Party (PDC). He obtained the second majority with 732 votes (12.38%) out of 5,915, behind Raúl Tobar Pavez (independent candidate), who obtained 1,2012 votes. Vargas took office as councillor of Pichilemu on 26 September 1992, and held the office until 6 December 1996 with Raúl Tobar Pavez (Ind.), Mariano Polanco Galarce (RN), Mario Bichón Cáceres (PDC), Aldo Polanco Contreras (UCC), and the mayor Orlando Cornejo Bustamante (UCC). It was the first city council of Pichilemu to be elected in democracy since the end of the military regime of Augusto Pinochet Ugarte.
Mayor of Pichilemu
and in 1997 was elected President of the Mayors and Councillors of the Cardenal Caro Province.
Vargas was taken out of his office because of false medical licenses, on November 7, 1998. In 2007, he was arrested in the charge of bribery in the municipality of Pichilemu, using money to produce calendars with his photos, in the lawsuit known as Caso Calendarios. Vargas could not come back to his office, and was succeeded by Victor Rojas, who was also displaced.
Heredero de tu Amor
Heredero de tu Amor (Spanish: Inheritor of Your Love) is a promotional studio album by Chilean politician Jorge Vargas González released on 11 September 2004. The album was produced by Cristóbal. Its main song, Heredero de tu Amor, received high airplay in Chilean-wide Radio Para Ti.
Vargas released Heredero de tu Amor in a concert attended by 3,000 people, according to El Mercurio, one month before the 2004 Chilean municipal election; the newspaper added that Vargas was "making his best to get into the world of arts, through music".
|1.||"Heredero de tu Amor"||Jorge Vargas||5:04|
|2.||"Será Porque Te Amo"||Dario Farina, Daniele Pace, Luis Gómez Escolar, Enzo Ghinazzi||3:12|
|3.||"Fallaste Corazón"||Cuco Sánchez||2:51|
|4.||"Un Siglo Sin Tí"||Franco De Vita||4:37|
|6.||"Porque Yo Te Amo"||Sandro, Óscar Anderle||3:33|
|7.||"Échame a Mí la Culpa"||José Angel Espinosa||3:09|
|8.||"Con Olor a Hierba"||Manuel Alejandro||3:47|
|9.||"Ella"||José Alfredo Jiménez||3:05|
|10.||"Cariño Mío"||Juan Carlos Calderón||3:32|
One street in Pichilemu is named after him. In January 2006, the Pichilemu City Council approved the naming of three streets in Pichilemu as Emilio Merino Lacoste (former mayor of Pichilemu, deceased), Clarisa López (worker for the Pichilemu Hospital and the local Casa de Socorros, deceased), and Jorge Vargas González, who was mayor at the time of the approval.
- "Certificado de Nacimiento Uso exclusivo para Asignación Familiar — Jorge Fabián Vargas González" (Birth certificate) (in Spanish). Santiago, Chile: Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación. 8 June 2013. Archived from the original on 9 June 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2013.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Saldías, Washington (14 August 2010). "Falleció ayer la madre del ex-alcalde Jorge Vargas González". Pichilemu News (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 9 June 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Filippi Muratto, Emilio (2006). La clase política chilena [The Chilean political class] (in Spanish). Santiago, Chile: Pehuén Editores Limitada. p. 202. ISBN 978-956-16-0411-7. Archived from the original on 7 February 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2010.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Certificado de Matrimonio Uso exclusivo para Asignación Familiar — Jorge Fabián Vargas González" (Marriage certificate) (in Spanish). Santiago, Chile: Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación. 8 June 2013. Archived from the original on 9 June 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2013.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Certificado de Nacimiente Uso exclusivo para Asignación Familiar — Camila Andrea Vargas Aranda" (Marriage certificate) (in Spanish). Santiago, Chile: Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación. 8 June 2013. Archived from the original on 9 June 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2013.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Votación Candidatos por Comuna Pichilemu Municipales 1992" (in Spanish). Santiago, Chile: Ministry of the Interior and Public Security. Archived from the original on 1 March 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2011.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Gestión Municipal 1993 – 1996 (in Spanish). Pichilemu, Chile: Ilustre Municipalidad de Pichilemu. 1996. p. 23.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "SISTEMA DE DESPLIEGUE DE COMPUTOS - MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR". elecciones.gob.cl. Archived from the original on 17 June 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Votación Candidatos por Comuna Pichilemu Archived 2012-07-30 at the Wayback Machine, Ministerio del Interior Chile
- El Mercurio.com
- Pichilemu: Querella por mal uso de fondos municipales, El Mercurio, May 3, 2003
- Preso alcalde de Pichilemu acusado de inducción al falso testimonio in La Cuarta (in Spanish)
- "Pichilemu: el cantante contra la diva" (in Spanish). El Mercurio. 9 October 2004. Retrieved 5 October 2010.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "La Cuarta: Jorge Vargas: "Paulina Nin le faltó el respeto a mi pueblo..." [04/11/2004]". lacuarta.com. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- Saldías, Washington (27 January 2006). "Vecinos rinden homenaje al alcalde Vargas". Pichilemu News (in Spanish). Pichilemu, Chile. Retrieved 3 July 2011.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jorge Vargas González.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Jorge Vargas González|
|Wikinews has news related to:|
Orlando Cornejo Bustamante
| Mayor of Pichilemu
Carlos Leyton Labarca
Carlos Leyton Labarca
| Mayor of Pichilemu
Víctor Rojas González
This article "Jorge Vargas González" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jorge Vargas González. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.