|Occupation||Talent Manager, Art Director, Curator|
|Organisation||JM Art Management|
Julia Mozheyko is a Russian-American talent manager, art director, curator, and businesswoman. In 2016 she founded JM Art Management, a boutique LA-based artist management firm. . She manages careers of visual artists such as John Paul Fauves, Popovy Sisters , Hossam Dirar.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Julia was born in Russia but relocated with her family to Cairo, Egypt at the age of nine, where she was raised. Since a young age, she was trained to dance, act, music, and was given an international education, eventually graduating from the Russian Diplomatic School in the Arab Republic of Egypt. After graduating from high school, Julia earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management from Novosibirsk State University.
Career[edit | edit source]
Fashion[edit | edit source]
Julia began her professional career with Sherry Haute Couture, an Egyptian- American fashion firm based in Guangzhou, China. While with Sherry, she was intimately involved with the organization and management of numerous fashion shows and events such as Hong Kong Fashion week, Canton Fair, Cairo Fashion Week, CPM Moscow and much more.
Corporate world[edit | edit source]
After spending several years in China, she moved back to Cairo and was offered the position as a marketing executive for ITC group, one of Egypt’s biggest hospitality corporations. While at ITC, she earned an associate degree in marketing from the RITI Institute. After graduating from RITI she was promoted to the position of senior marketing executive, and the brand manager of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Egypt. Impressively, she became the youngest female brand manager in the Middle East. Due to career success, she was transitioned to Los Angeles and put in charge of ITC’s American expansion effort. While political unrest in Egypt delayed ITC’s expansion plans, she was still able to continue her success and launched the first Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in Tbilisi, Georgia in 2015.
Art[edit | edit source]
Right after finishing the project in Georgia, she left brand management and the corporate world and turned her passion for art into a full-time business. In 2016 she changed career setting up the JM Art Management company, whose clients include John Paul Fauves, Popovy Sisters, Hossam Dirar, thrashbird, and many others.
Being an immigrant from a foreign country can be very challenging, but she managed not only to break all stereotypes, but also had the power to inspire and empower people, and give back to the community. Julia brings a proven passion and dedication to her craft and has a unique skill to identify true talents where she understands the Importance of guidance and knowledge for the artists. She uses her knowledge in business to help the artist in today's' international market find success in branding and globalization. Throughout her career, Julia’ strategic and collaborative approach has helped build and grow careers of many artists.
Along with industry recognition, her work has been covered by various media outlets such as HYPEBEAST, Voyage LA, Colossal, Ignant, Schon, Vogue, Flaunt, HuffPost, WideWalls, Basic, Scoop Empire, and many other international publications.
Exhibitions[edit | edit source]
- 2018 "VOLLIPSIS" - pop up solo exhibition for Alina Karo, New York 
- 2018 "Arte de La Peer" - group exhibition at Kimpton La Peer hotel, Los Angeles, CA [
- 2017 "Kate by Kate" - co-curated with VERNISSAGE, showcasing work by Kate Garner at Laurent & Martin gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- 2017 "PIXELS" - Pre-Basel group exhibition at Laurent & Martin gallery, Los Angeles, CA 
- 2017 "FACES" - group exhibition at HOMME (pop up art gallery), Los Angeles, CA 
- 2017 "NO Famous Guest Appearances" - solo exhibition for thrashbird at Bruce Lurie gallery, Los Angeles, CA 
Publications[edit | edit source]
- Scoop Empire 
References[edit | edit source]
- http://voyagela.com/interview/meet-jm-art-management-west-hollywood-los-angeles/, at Voyage LA
- "John Paul Fauves". Feb 27, 2018.
- "Exclusive Interview with Ekaterina and Elena Popovy, Fashion Dolls Artists Extraordinaire". Jul 17, 2017.
- "JM ART MANAGEMENT LOS ANGELES".
- "Artist John Paul Fauves Remixes Classic Cartoon Characters for Taipei Exhibit". Aug 8, 2018.
- VOLLIPSIS "The work of Alina Karo" Check
- "Arte de La Peer to Exhibit Popovy Sisters Artist Dolls for First Time in the U.S."
- "Kate by Kate Garner".
- "PIXELS: CHEERS TO BASEL".
- "FAME = PASSION".
- "Queen Nefertiti Embodied In This Collection Of Paintings To Empower Egyptian Women".