Babis in 2021
|Born||Katarzyna Monika Babis|
20 December 1992
|Area(s)||Cartoonist, Writer, Penciller, Artist, Inker, Letterer, Colourist|
|Maja z Księżyca, Słoń w pokoju, Re: Constitutions|
Search Kasia Babis on Amazon.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kasia Babis.|
Katarzyna Monika (Kasia) Babis (born 20 December 1992) is a Polish author of comic books, cartoonist, illustrator, painter, author of children's books, YouTuber and political activist. She has used the pseudonyms Kiciputek and Kittypat.
She has published webcomics in Polish on her blog Kącik Kiciputka since 2012 and in English at Kittypat Daily since 2016. Her debut in print was the 2014 comic book Tequila, written by Łukasz Śmigiel, notable for being one of the first successfully crowdfunded Polish comics. In the same year, the first issue of the Rag & Bones comic was published, written by Dominik Szcześniak. She has illustrated books by Katarzyna Berenika Miszczuk and Marta Kisiel-Małecka. She debuted as a prose writer with the children's book Maja z Księżyca which she also illustrated, and which was nominated to the City of Warsaw Literary Award. Since 2017, she has been publishing English-language comics at The Nib. and in 2019 her cartoon was first published by The New Yorker. Her comics often consist of feminist political satire. Between 2017 and 2019 she has been creating art for video games at 11 bit studios.
She contributed art to Guantánamo Voices: True Accounts from the World’s Most Infamous Prison, which was named one of the The Best Graphic Novels of 2020 by The New York Times and one of the 2021 Great Graphic Novels for Teens by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA).
Since 2019, she worked with Macmillan Publishers illustrating the Re:Constitutions graphic novel written by Beka Feathers. According to Publishers Weekly, "this educational comics guidebook to constitutions takes on a commendable international scope", and "Helped along by Babis’s charming if somewhat overly smiley character drawings, the team goes beyond the basics to tackle more substantial examples (such as how Rwanda’s 2003 constitution required 30% of government decision-making bodies to comprise women) and urgent particulars (“the constitution is only as strong as the people who use it”)."
In 2015 she joined the newly founded left-wing political party Razem. She ran in the 2015 Polish parliamentary election on Razem's Lublin candidate list. She received 631 votes. In May 2016 she was elected to Razem's National Council. In September 2016, she organized demonstrations in Lublin against the proposed legislation to ban abortion in Poland, as part of the nationwide Black Protest movement. She left the party in 2018.
- Katarzyna Babis. Depresja to nie kwestia nastroju, a gwałt to nie komplement – Wysokie Obcasy
- Komentatorzy rzeczywistości, czyli 7 rysowników, których jeśli wciąż nie znasz, musisz poznać – NaTemat.pl
- This Comic About How Girls Actually Play With Dolls Is So Spot-On – The Mary Sue
- Kasia Babis at The Nib
- Młodzież i kultura popularna. Przyczynek do badań świata społecznego komiksu – The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Ciołkiewicz, Paweł. Artkomiks.pl – Katarzyna Babis
- Katarzyna Babis – Artystki Lublina
- Nagroda Literacka m.st. Warszawy > Katarzyna Babis "Maja z księżyca"
- "The New Yorker" opublikował ilustrację polskiej rysowniczki. Kasia Babis się chwali - Gazeta.pl
- Feminism Comic By Katarzyna Babis Perfectly Explains The Double Standard Women Face – Huffington Post
- Katarzyna Babis – gameacademy.pl
- Acena, TJ (August 26, 2020). "Graphic voices of Guantanamo". Oregon ArtsWatch. Retrieved 1 July 2021.
- "GUANTANAMO VOICES". Kirkus Reviews. June 12, 2020. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- Cannon, Frances (December 22, 2020). "Sarah Mirk's GUANTANAMO VOICES". The Iowa Review. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- Sarah, Lakshmi (September 12, 2020). "A New Graphic Novel Makes the Stories of Guantánamo Bay Visible". KQED. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- Park, Ed; Chute, Hillary (December 9, 2020). "The Best Graphic Novels of 2020". The New York Times. Retrieved 30 June 2021.,
- "YALSA names 2021 Great Graphic Novels for Teens". American Library Association. January 6, 2021. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- Breznican, Anthony (March 12, 2019). "First Look: World Citizen Comics aims to create super-powered activists". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- "RE: Constitutions: Connecting Citizens with the Rules of the Game". Publishers Weekly. June 10, 2021. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- PKW – Wybory do Sejmu RP
- Razem – Rada Krajowa
- Czarny Protest w Lublinie. Kilkaset osób protestowało na placu Łokietka – Kurier Lubelski
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Kasia Babis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kasia Babis. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.