Ku Swee Yong
This biographical article is written like a résumé. (February 2018)
Ku Swee Yong
Ku Swee Yong
21 June 1970
|Alma mater||University of Hull|
Institut Louis Pasteur
|Occupation||CEO, International Property Advisor|
Ku Swee Yong 邱瑞榮 (Born 21 June 1970, Singapore) is a property analyst and media personality. Swee Yong is the CEO of International Property Advisor and Co-founder of HugProperty.
From Nov 2013 to Nov 2016, Swee Yong was concurrently the CEO of Century 21 Singapore. Prior to running his own practice, he was a Director in the Real Estate Centre of Expertise at Société Générale Private Banking, responsible for advising clients on real estate investments, the Director of Marketing and Business Development at Savills Singapore and the General Manager at Far East Organization’s Indonesia office.
Swee Yong is a part-time lecturer in the Department of Real Estate in the National University of Singapore and the School of Design and Environment in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. He also teaches a core Continuing Professional Development course at the Singapore Estate Agents Association.
Swee Yong was the first to forecast that residential property prices in Singapore will hit a record high of S$4,500 per square foot. In a series of market seminars in October 2006, when the residential market was trying to make sense of the S$3,000 per square foot prices in the residential market, Swee Yong foresaw the strong market demand for luxury residences to continue strongly, stating that “there is another 30% to 50% upside by year 2010, bringing peak prices to S$4,000 to S$4,500 per sqft”. This forecast was reported in an article published by local Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao on 02 November 2006. The prediction turned out to be true before the end of 2007 when a penthouse in St Regis Residences transacted at above the S$4,500 per sqft mark.
Swee Yong was also the first to call the recent residential market downturn in Singapore. Chapter 13 of his third book, Real Estate Realities, titled “The price war has begun” was first published in Today (Singapore newspaper) on 08 November 2013. Swee Yong foretold that the residential market has reached a peak and advised his clients to start trimming their residential investment portfolio. The residential property price index dropped for 15 consecutive quarters from late 2013 to mid-2017.
Swee Yong holds an MBA in Marketing from University of Hull, UK, and completed his BSc in the Imperial College, University of London, UK and the Institut Louis Pasteur, Université de Strasbourg, France.
Swee Yong's opinion is regularly featured in the Straits Times, Business Times, The New Paper, 新明日报, 联合早报, Channel NewsAsia, TODAY, and Channel 8. He has also been featured in international media and quoted by CNBC, The New York Times, and Forbes.
He has published 5 books on the property market: Real Estate Riches, Building Your Real Estate Riches, Real Estate Realities, Weathering a Property Downturn and Preparing for a Property Upturn.
Swee Yong was a guest columnist for TODAY paper between mid-2010 and early 2017. He has contributed more than 50 commentaries to the weekly property column.
Swee Yong has authored five books about the Singapore and international property markets, all of which were published by Marshall Cavendish Business Books.
- Real Estate Riches (2011)
- Building Your Real Estate Riches (2012)
- Real Estate Realities (2014)
- Weathering A Property Downturn (2016)
- Preparing For A Property Upturn (2017)
- The price war has begun, TODAY, 09 November 2013; retrieved 26 January 2018
- Looking forward to 2017: Housing, education and heritage, The Straits Times, 28 December 2016; retrieved 27 December 2017
- Opportunities in commercial and industrial markets for SMEs, The Business Times, 19 December 2017; retrieved 27 December 2017
- En bloc sales may be hot but beware pitfalls, say experts, The New Paper, 05 October 2017; retrieved 27 December 2017
- “极客”风行集体出售红火 仍无法带动租金回弹, 联合早报, 02 September 2017; retrieved 27 December 2017
- En bloc deals could ‘pose risks to sustainable conditions’ in property market, Channel News Asia, 30 November 2017; retrieved 27 December 2017
- HDB to launch 17,000 new flats in 2018, keeping supply steady, TODAY, 14 December 2017; retrieved 27 December 2017
- 《晚间新闻》11月30日, Channel 8, 30 November 2017; retrieved 27 December 2017
- Why investors think Japan has some pretty hot property, CNBC, 02 July 2015; retrieved 26 January 2018
- Luxury Home Sales Continue to Lag in Singapore, The New York Times, 03 July 2014; retrieved 26 January 2018
- The Khoo Family's Historic Goodwood Goldmine, Forbes, 22 July 2015; retrieved 26 January 2018
This article "Ku Swee Yong" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ku Swee Yong. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.