|Born||March 23, 1989|
|Education||University of California, Davis|
Search Kyle Holmes on Amazon.
Kyle Holmes (born March 23, 1989) is an American playwright and educator, best known for writing the book for Ranked, A Musical with composer David Taylor Gomes. In 2019, NPR reported that Holmes' musical "foresaw the College Admissions Scandal"
Early life and education
Holmes was born in Sacramento, California and grew up in Placerville where he attended Union Mine High School... Holmes attended the University of California, Irvine majoring in theatre for two years, before finishing his undergraduate degree at University of California, Davis. He received his M.A. in education in 2012 from UC Davis.
Holmes began teaching English at Granite Bay High School in 2011. He took over as the Director of Theatre Arts the following year.
He started writing professionally in 2012 when he was hired to cover fantasy football for USA Today's Sports Media syndicate, TheHuddle.com. He wrote weekly columns through 2016. He began writing musicals the following year when he helped develop Boxed Up (musical) with Taylor Gomes. Boxed Up was a serial six-episode musical that debuted at the Warehouse Artist Lofts (WAL) in Sacramento, CA during the summer of 2017. The music and lyrics were written by Taylor Gomes, with a different book writer for each episode. Holmes wrote the musical's final episode.
In the spring of 2018, Holmes and Gomes began writing Ranked (musical) for Holmes' students at Granite Bay High School. The play focuses on academic pressure, with the central plot following a student whose parents paid for their grades. The show debuted on April 4, 2019 at Granite Bay High School just weeks after the 2019 college admissions bribery scandal broke, launching the show into a national spotlight. Ranked has been performed by over 35 schools in the United States, China and England, including Holmes alma mater UC Davis. It is the subject of an upcoming HBO documentary
Holmes is a co-founder of Uproar Theatrics, a new digital licensing company that launched on June 2, 2021. The first-of-its-kind company features plays and musicals by Paul Gordon, Kristoffer Diaz, Jay Gruska, and others.
- "A Dystopian High School Musical Foresaw The College Admissions Scandal". NPR.org. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- "Musical auditions announced for area high school students". Mountain Democrat. 2021-03-19. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- "Mother and Son Graduate Together at UC Davis Graduate Studies Commencement | UC Davis Grad Studies". grad.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- Okhavat, Kiana (2013-01-14). "Drama, speech and debate under new leadership". Retrieved 2021-05-21. Unknown parameter
- Holmes, Kyle. "Kyle Holmes". Fantasy football rankings, sleepers, news and award-winning advice - TheHuddle.com. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- "Boxed Up: The Musical will appear at Capital Stage". Sactown Magazine. 2017-11-01. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- Symes, Courtney. "BWW Interview: Kyle Holmes And David Taylor Gomes Speak About Their Original Musical, RANKED, And Its One-Night-Only Encore CONCERT AT THE CREST THEATRE". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- Meyer, Dan (2020-02-21). "College Admissions Scandal Musical Ranked Now Accepting Submissions". Playbill. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- Desk, BWW News. "New All-Digital Theatre Licensing Company UPROAR THEATRICS Announced". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2021-06-03.
- Harms, Talaura (June 2, 2021). "New Licensing Agent Uproar Theatrics Offers New Works With an All-Digital Materials Model". Playbill. Retrieved 2021-06-03.
This article "Kyle Holmes" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kyle Holmes. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.