Lake Effect (film)
This article needs to be updated.January 2018)(
|File:Lake Effect (2016 horror film directed by Sam Qualiana) poster.jpg|
|Directed by||Sam Qualiana|
|Produced by||Richard Chizmar|
Jason John Beebe
Search Lake Effect (film) on Amazon.
Lake Effect is an upcoming horror film directed by Sam Qualiana. It concerns a group of friends that, when searching for one of their fathers with a terminal illness, must survive a harsh snowstorm while being hunted by a hostile supernatural creature with telekinetic abilities. The film is currently in post-production.
- Sam Qualiana as Jimmy
- Jason John Beebe as Jesse
- Daniel James as Kyle
- Erika Frase as Molly
- Bill Kennedy IX as Doug
- Greg Hinaman as Henry
- C. J. Qualiana as Nick
- Tia Maurice as Sarah
Filming began in early 2015 in Royalton, New York. The film's title is a reference to the weather phenomenon known as lake-effect snow. The film was partially funded by an Indiegogo campaign with a flexible goal of $2,000. Production was challenged by temperamental weather conditions; Qualiana stated “we’re working hard to shoot this in the freezing cold weather, struggling to get it all done before all the snow goes away. We’re on a tight budget and schedule, but we’re pulling through it, and so far everything is looking amazing. It’s certainly a step up in quality from my previous features".
One of the film's producers, Greg Lamberson, stated that the feature "will definitely be [Qualiana's] best film. It’s a scary story, and he’s really evolved as a director and a cinematographer." The film left the production stage in early 2016, and post-production visual effects has begun. As of February 2020, there have been no new updates on the film.
- "Lake Effect - A Winter Creature Feature". Indiegogo. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- "Lake Effect – A Winter Creature Feature". Buffalo Rising. 14 February 2016. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- Moore, Debi (10 March 2015). "First Details and Images from Sam Qualiana's Lake Effect". Dread Central. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- Wells, Mitchell (25 February 2016). "Sam Qualana's LAKE EFFECT Wraps Production". Horror Society. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- Moore, Debi (16 February 2016). "It's a Wrap for Lake Effect – New Stills!". Dread Central. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
This article "Lake Effect (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lake Effect (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.