Lamont West (basketball)
|No. 15 – West Virginia Mountaineers|
|League||Big 12 Conference|
|Born||June 2, 1997|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school||Miller Grove High School (DeKalb County, Georgia)|
|College||West Virginia (2015–present)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Search Lamont West (basketball) on Amazon.Lamont West is currently a redshirt junior college basketball player for the West Virginia Mountaineers (members of the Big 12 Conference). He is from Cincinnati, Ohio, and graduated from Miller Grove High School in DeKalb County, Georgia.
West is a 6'8, 230 pound power forward.
About Lamont West
When West was younger, according to himself and future Mountaineers teammate James Bolden, he was not very skilled at basketball-- as West stated, he missed many open layups. However, West eventually decided to dedicate more time and effort to improving his basketball skills, leading to his mother, former Purdue starter Tonya Kirk, pushing him to get better. West attended Withrow High School in Cincinnati through his junior year, but he felt out of place at the center position and transferred to Miller Grove High School for his senior year. As a senior, he was rated as a 3-star player by Rivals.com and received offers from 8 schools. He decided to sign with West Virginia University.
Since West is a redshirt player, he only appeared in one game in the 2015-2016 season.
In West's freshman year (the 2016-2017 season), he experienced great success and was named to the Academic All-Big 12 Men's Basketball Second Team. A highlight of the season was when West scored a career-high 23 points against the University of Texas on February 20, 2017.
In West's sophomore year (the 2017-2018 season), he played multiple great games, including scoring a tied for season-high 22 points against the University of Virginia on December 5, 2017. The University of Virginia was the team with the #1 ranked defense in the country by the end of the 2017-2018 season.
- "West Virginia Athletics". wvusports.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "WV MetroNews – WVU freshman Lamont West doesn't sugarcoat his early years: 'I used to suck'". wvmetronews.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "Rivals.com". n.rivals.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "Lamont West College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "Texas vs. West Virginia Box Score, February 20, 2017 | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "Virginia vs. West Virginia - Box Score - December 5, 2017 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "Scoring Defense | DI Men's Basketball Statistics - NCAA.com". NCAA.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "Lamont West". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
This article "Lamont West (basketball)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lamont West (basketball). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.