|Born||1927 (age 93–94)|
|📆 Years active||1961-2010|
|👩 Spouse(s)||Heather Canning (?-1996) (her death)|
Leon Lissek (born 1927) is an actor originated from Australia who primarily performs in England. He has appeared in over 80 films in his career, which started with Marat/Sade. He is well known for his television roles in The Sullivans and EastEnders, and his film roles in Time Bandits, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Nicholas and Alexandra, and The Horsemen.
He played Hans Kauffman on The Sullivans.
Lissek has performed on the stage. A review of Company, which played in Exeter in 1980, said Lissek was "admirably cast". Lissek, who is Jewish, has spoken in defense of performing The Merchant of Venice, which is regarded by some as anti-Semitic.
Selected TV and filmography
- Marat/Sade (1967) as Lavoisier
- Journey to the Unknown (1968) as Matakitas
- Tell Me Lies (1968) as Guest
- The Last Valley (1970) as Czeraki
- Countess Dracula (1971) as Sergeant of Bailiffs
- The Horsemen (1971) as Chikana Proprietor
- Nicholas and Alexandra (1971) as Avdeyev
- The Sullivans (1976) as Hans Kaufman
- Sweeney 2 (1978) as Cardona Alexandros
- The Famous Five (1978) as Hunchy
- Shogun (1980) as Father Sebastio
- Time Bandits (1981) as 1st Refugee
- The Island of Adventure (1982) as Jo
- Eleni (1985) as Antoni
- Personal Services (1987) as Mr. Popozogolou
- Noble House (1988) as Christian Toxe
- Whoops Apocalypse (1988) as Politburo Member
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988) as Bold Man in Bar
- Bloodmoon (1990) as Myles Sheffield
- The Trial (1993) as Stairman
- Nostradamus (1994) as Inquisitor
- EastEnders (1998) as Bruno di Marco
- Suzie Gold (2004) as Julius
- Leon Lissek on IMDb
- Leon Lissek at the Internet Broadway DatabaseLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Page with birthyear
- BFI Filmography
|This article about an Australian film and television actor is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Leon Lissek" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Leon Lissek. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Bowden, Robert (1980-03-31). "'Sullivans' a New Soap Opera from 'Down Under'". Tampa Bay Times. p. 58. Retrieved 2021-01-12. Unknown parameter
- Howe, David. "Company". The Stage and Television Today. Iss. 5185, (Aug 28, 1980): 23. Via Proquest.
- Gilam, Abraham (1990-01-03). "Two Leon Lisseks Meet: Actor says Shakespeare's 'Merchant of Venice' Merits Performance". St. Louis Jewish Light. p. 11. Retrieved 2021-01-12. Unknown parameter
- Gillam, Abraham (1990-01-03). "Lissek, part 2". St. Louis Jewish Light. p. 13. Retrieved 2021-01-12. Unknown parameter
- Courtis, Brian (1979-08-15). "Hans Looks in on His Old Haunts". The Age. p. 2. Retrieved 2021-01-12. Unknown parameter
- Corlett, William. "Obituaries: Heather Canning." The Stage. London Iss. 6010, (Jun 20, 1996): 38. Via Proquest.