Lisa Steele (blogger)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||April 7, 1965|
💵 Salary :
Mark Steele (m. 2001)
Lisa Steele (born April 7, 1965) is an American blogger and author.
Steele (née Liisa Beth Tarkiainen) was born in Worcester, Massachusetts to first generation Finnish-American parents, David Tarkiainen and Jean Tarkiainen, who were both teachers. She has a younger brother, Erik Tarkiainen, who is an electrical engineer in California. Steele grew up in rural Massachusetts across the street from her grandparents chicken farm before moving to Rhode Island to attend college there and study accounting.
After college Steele moved to Long Island and worked in Manhattan from 1988-1995 for The Dreyfus Corporation, Bankers Trust Brokerage and Morgan Stanley. She received her Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license and Series 7 and 27 stock brokerage licenses during that time.
In 1995 Steele left Wall Street to open a used bookstore in Rockville Center, New York called Barely Bent Books. She operated the business until 2001 and wrote a book review column for the local newspaper The News & the Owl for a period of time. After selling the business and settling in Virginia, Steele started writing about farm life on her blog Fresh Eggs Daily in 2011.
In October 2013, Steele published her first book, Fresh Eggs Daily: Raising Happy, Healthy Chickens Naturally (St. Lynn’s Press) and has subsequently written four more books about raising backyard poultry. In April 2018, Steele launched a private label line of natural poultry feed supplements under the Fresh Eggs Daily brand which are sold online and in select retail feed stores. In February 2019, it was announced that Steele would be hosting a country lifestyle show on NBC in Maine and New Hampshire (NEWS CENTER Maine). The series, Welcome to my Farm, debuted on February 24th, 2019.
Steele is of Finnish-American descent. A fifth generation chicken keeper, she is only the second generation of her family to be born in the United States. Steele was raised in Oakdale, Massachusetts and attended West Boylston High School. Steele raised chickens and rabbits as a child and was a member of 4H.
Steele moved to Rhode Island to attend Bryant University were she was in the Sigma Iota Beta sorority and graduated in 1987 with a BS in Business Management with a Major in Accounting. She then moved to Rockville Centre, New York and worked on Wall Street for a number of years before opening a used bookstore on Long Island.
After meeting naval officer Mark Steele and getting married in 2001, Steele moved to Pensacola, Florida where he was stationed. Steele moved to Virginia in 2003 when her husband was sent to work at Norfolk Naval Station and started raising chickens and ducks on their small farm in rural Virginia in 2009. Steele moved to Maine in 2015 with her husband after he retired from the Navy and now resides on a farm in Central Maine where she continues to raise chickens and ducks.
|2013||Fresh Eggs Daily: Raising Happy, Healthy Chickens Naturally||St. Lynn’s Press||0985562250|
|2015||Duck Eggs Daily: Raising Happy, Healthy Ducks Naturally||St. Lynn’s Press||0989268888|
|2016||Gardening with Chickens: Plans and Plants for you and your Hens||Voyageur Press||0760350477|
|2018||Let’s Hatch Chicks! Explore the Wonderful World of Chickens and Eggs||Young Voyageur||0760357854|
|2018||101 Chicken Keeping Hacks from Fresh Eggs Daily: Tips, Tricks and Ideas For You and Your Hens||Voyageur Press||0760360634|
- Suffolk Woman Writes the Book on Raising Chickens https://pilotonline.com/life/flavor/suffolk-woman-writes-the-book-on-raising-chickens/article_ae403d11-83e8-509d-bb60-b0de8c78e088.html Virginian Pilot
- Mother Hen http://downeast.com/mother-hen/ Down East Magazine
- Creative Genius: Lisa Steele of Fresh Eggs Daily https://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/make-and-decorate/crafts/creative-genius-lisa-steele-of-fresh-eggs-daily DIY Network
- Lisa Steele Ain’t No Chicken https://www.threadmb.com/lisa-steele ThreadMB
- Maine Author Lisa Steele Thinks Chickens can be Pretty and Practical https://bangordailynews.com/2018/11/12/homestead/maine-author-lisa-steele-thinks-raising-chickens-can-be-pretty-and-practical/ Bangor Daily News
- Master Composters: Author Lisa Steele on Chickens in the Garden https://pacificsun.com/home-garden-master-composters/ Pacific Sun
- About - Lisa Steele https://www.fresheggsdaily.com/p/advertisingsponsors.html Fresheggsdaily.com
- 9 Niche Blogs for your Perusal http://mentalfloss.com/article/62879/9-niche-blogs-your-perusal Mental Floss
- A Virginia Woman Shares her Tips on How to Raise Chickens Like the Old-Timers Did http://www.livingthecountrylife.com/country-life/fresh-eggs-daily/ Living the Country Life Radio
- Modern Farm Girl: Lisa Steele https://sustainabledish.com/podcasts/modern-farm-girls-episode-14-interview-with-lisa-steele-of-fresh-eggs-daily/ Modern Farm Girls Podcast
- Raising Backyard Chickens https://www.mainepublic.org/post/raising-backyard-chickens Maine Public Radio
- Author Lisa Steele https://www.mydomaine.com/author/lisa-steele My Domaine
- Lisa Steele. Founder and creator of Fresh Eggs Daily®. Dixmont, USA https://www.totalprestigemagazine.com/lisa-steele/ Total Prestige Magazine
This article "Lisa Steele (blogger)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lisa Steele (blogger). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.