List Biological Laboratories
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Bacterial Toxins |
Number of employees
List Biological Laboratories, (List Labs) is a US biotechnology company producing bacterial toxins. Their products are involved in vaccine development, toxin research and infectious disease research worldwide.
The company was established in 1978 and is headquartered in Campbell, California.
List Labs was founded in 1978 by Linda Shoer. Starting with cholera, List Labs developed unique and highly purified bacterial proteins. When List Labs was founded and for many years after, it was the only manufacturer and supplier for several bacterial exotoxins and lipopolysaccharides.
In 2015 List Labs performed a tech transfer of botulinum toxin manufacturing process to Allergan (for the product now known as Botox).
List Labs manufactured GMP LPS, the first human grade LPS product for clinical trial use, that was commissioned by the NIH.
In 2001 List Labs was awarded patent #6,504,006, titled: Substrate peptides and assays for detecting and measuring proteolytic activity of serotype A neurotoxin from clostridium botulinum.
In 2013 List Labs was awarded patent #8,476,024, titles: Botulinum neurotoxin a protein receptor and uses thereof.
List Labs was awarded patent #9,932,570, titled: Anthrax lethal factor substrates and methods of use thereof, in 2018.
- "List Labs Introduction". Cedarlane.
- Acquaye-Seedah, E.; Reczek, E. E.; Russell, H. H.; Divenere, A. M.; Sandman, S. O.; Collins, J. H.; Stein, C. A.; Whitehead, T. A.; Maynard, J. A. (2018). "Vaccine Development for the Control of Bordetella Pertussis Infections". Infection and Immunity. 86 (6): e00004–18. doi:10.1128/IAI.00004-18. PMC 5964521. PMID 29581192.
- "Bloomberg Business". Bloomberg.com.
- "Where to Find a Good Botulinum Neurotxin?". The Scientist. Archived from the original on August 1998.
- "Fluorescnce polarization assays for determining clostridal toxin activity".
- Kiers, Dorien; Leijte, Guus P.; Gerretsen, Jelle; Zwaag, Jelle; Kox, Matthijs; Pickkers, Peter (2019). "Comparison of different lots of endotoxin and evaluation on in vivo potency over time in the experimental human endotoxemia model". Innate Immunity. 25 (1): 34–45. doi:10.1177/1753425918819754. PMID 30782041.
- "Substrate peptides and assays for detecting and measuring proteolytic activity of serotype A neurotoxin from clostridium botulinum".
- "Botulinum neurotoxin a protein receptor and uses thereof".
- "Anthrax lethal factor substrates and methods of use thereof".
This article "List Biological Laboratories" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List Biological Laboratories. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.