List of European Commission committees by Directorates-General
The European Commission is divided into departments known as Directorates-General (DGs). Each has several "comitology committees" which assist the European Commission in the making, adoption, and implementation of EU laws. This page aims at progressively listing all committees and giving examples of their work as it can have a major political impact on areas of public interest..
Agriculture and Rural Development[edit | edit source]
|C43200||Rural Development Committee|
|C03900||Committee on the conservation, characterisation, collection and utilisation of genetic resources in agriculture|
|C43500||Committee on the Agricultural Funds|
|C06500||Committee on Organic Production||salmon|
|C50200||Committee on aromatised wine products||geographical indication|
|C03800||Committee on Agricultural Structures and Rural Development|
|C04000||Committee for the farm accountancy data network|
|C42900||Committee for the Common Organisation of the Agricultural Markets|
|C04300||Committee for Spirit Drinks|
|C43400||Committee for direct payments|
|C41600||Agricultural Product Quality Policy Committee|
Health and Food Safety[edit | edit source]
|C19300||Tobacco Products Regulatory Committee|
|C47900||Tobacco Products Committee|
|C26100||Tissues and Cells Committee|
|C20500||Standing Committee on Zootechnics|
|C02900||Standing Committee on veterinary medicinal products|
|C20415||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - section Vine|
|C20413||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - section "Seeds and Propagating Material for Agriculture and Horticulture"|
|C20411||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - section "Propagating Material of Ornamental Plants"|
|C20412||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - section "Propagating Material and Plants of Fruit Genera and Species"|
|C20410||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - section "Plant Health"|
|C20401||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Section "Phytopharmaceuticals- Pesticide residues"|
|C20407||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Section: "Phytopharmaceuticals - Legislation"|
|C20408||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Section: "Novel Food and Toxicological safety of the food chain"|
|C20406||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Section: "General food law"|
|C20414||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - section "Forest Reproductive Material"|
|C20405||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Section: "Controls and import conditions"|
|C20404||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Section: "Biological safety of the food chain"|
|C20403||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Section: "Animal nutrition"|
|C20402||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Section: "Animal health and animal welfare"|
|C20400||Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed||poultry|
|C02500||Standing Committee on medicinal products for human use|
|C13900||Standing Committee on Biocidal Products||nanomaterials|
|C19900||Standing Committee for Community protection of plant variety rights|
|C19800||Regulatory Committee on the quality and safety of blood|
|C42300||Committee on serious cross-border threats to health|
|C40600||Committee on organ transplantation|
|C40200||Committee on cross-border healthcare|
|C46600||Committee of the third Programme of Community action in the field of health (2014-2020)|
|C01300||Committee for the adaptation to technical progress of the directives on the removal of technical barriers to trade in colouring matters which may be added to medicinal products|
|C12200||Committee for the adaptation to technical progress and implementation of the directive on the deliberate release into the environment of genetically modified organisms|
|C47500||Committee for the adaptation to technical progress and implementation of the directive on the contained use of genetically modified micro-organisms|
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Foucart, Stéphane (2018-12-19). "Entre les abeilles et l'agrochimie, l'Europe tarde à choisir" [Between bees and agrochemicals, Europe is slow to choose]. Le Monde (in French). Paris. Retrieved 2018-12-27.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed - Phytopharmaceuticals - List of members' name and surname". www.asktheeu.org. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
Each Member State is a member of the Committee. Member States designate and delegate representatives depending on the agenda content and the field of expertise required.
- Rimkutė, Dovilė; Haverland, Markus (2015). "How does the European Commission use scientific expertise? Results from a survey of scientific members of the Commission's expert committees". Comparative European Politics. 13 (4): 430–449. doi:10.1057/cep.2013.32.
- Benitez Salas, María Angeles (2016-10-24). "Latest developments on the issue of the Norwegian organic salmon" (PDF). www.ccpb.it. European Commission. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
By email to the Member State delegates to the Committee on Organic Production
- "Proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and the Council on the definition, description, presentation, labelling and the protection of geographical indications of aromatised wine products" (PDF). www.reading.ac.uk. European Commission. 2011-08-31. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
The Commission shall be assisted by the Committee on aromatised wine products
- Wasley, Andrew (12 October 2018). "EU plan to reduce checks on chickens "will increase food poisoning risk"". The Guardian. The Guardian. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
The current proposals were drawn up by the EU’s Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed, which suggests that a "derogation" from individual inspections could be approved if meat plants "have a system in place to the satisfaction of the official veterinarian that allows the detection and the separation of birds with abnormalities, contamination or defects".
- MacKevica, Aiga; Revilla, Pau; Brinch, Anna; Hansen, Steffen Foss (2016). "Current uses of nanomaterials in biocidal products and treated articles in the EU". Environmental Science: Nano. 3 (5): 1195–1205. doi:10.1039/C6EN00212A.
[edit | edit source]
This article "List of European Commission committees by Directorates-General" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of European Commission committees by Directorates-General. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.