|Directed by||Greg Strasz|
|Produced by||Jean de Meuron|
|Written by||Giuseppe Mercadante|
by Bad Robot
|Music by||Iris Wallner|
|Edited by||Zimo Huang|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
When a young Scientist becomes entangled in a military mission to deliver the only antidote that will save mankind, she finds herself not only fighting for survival but also being confronted by demons from her past.
Production[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
The film was produced by Jean de Meuron and Giuseppe Mercadante, with Olcun Tan producing the VFX. Once the script was ready and with the lookbook in hand director Greg Strasz, Giuseppe Mercadante and Jean de Meuron pitched the idea to several leading industry vendors. Companies like RED Digital Cinema, Helinet Aviation, International Studio Services, Dolby and Gradient Effects believed in their vision and decided to support their project.
Screenplay[edit | edit source]
MEGAN's script was written by Giuseppe Mercadante and Greg Strasz while the story was written by Jean de Meuron, Giuseppe Mercadante and Greg Strasz.
Shooting[edit | edit source]
Post-production[edit | edit source]
The heavy VFX work was done by Gradient Effects, known for their work on Stranger Things and Thor: Ragnarok, the "ashes" that are seen folling after the crash scene were previously used in Stranger Things "upside-down world"
Reception[edit | edit source]
On August 1st 2018, a day after release, the proof of concept went viral, picked up originally by Bloody Disgusting , SYFY , Screen Rant , the Spanish El Mundo , Geek Tyrant , then spread to several major publication like Indie Wire , Gizmodo , the French IGN , Empire  and Pop Sugar . On August 8, 2018 Cloverfield Guru and YouTuber "Inside a Mind" released a video review of MEGAN  Between articles and online comments the reaction was unanimous, MEGAN connects the entire Cloverfield Universe.
References[edit | edit source]
- "MEGAN". YouTube. August 11, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "MEGAN, a 'Cloverfield' Proof of Concept Goes Viral, Bridges Franchise Universe". CBS. August 7, 2018. Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- "Writing Credits". IMDb. August 1, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "Filming Locations". IMDb. August 1, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "Unofficial Cloverfield short from Hollywood VFX guru expands the mystery box". Entertainment Weekly. August 3, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "Gradient Effects Adapts 'Stranger Things' Upside Down Tech for New 8K Spec Short - Megan". CGSOCIETY. July 17, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "'Cloverfield' Universe Fan Film 'Megan' is Surprisingly Exceptional". Bloody Disgusting. August 1, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "THIS CLOVERFIELD FAN FILM 'PROOF OF CONCEPT' DESERVES A SPOT IN BAD ROBOT LORE". SYFY. August 1, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "Cloverfield Fan-Film Connects The Entire Movie Universe". Screen Rant. August 2, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "'Megan': El fan film que explica la conexión entre 'Monstruoso' y 'Calle Cloverfield 10'". El Mundo. August 1, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "Here's a CLOVERFIELD Fan Film Called MEGAN That Bridges The Gap Between Movies". Geek Tyrant. August 1, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "'Cloverfield': Unofficial Short Film About Never-Before-Seen '10 Cloverfield Lane' Character Goes Viral — Watch". Indie Wire. August 2, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "Cool Fan Film Envisions a New Chapter in the Cloverfield Sci-Fi Saga". Gizmodo. August 2, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "Cloverfield : un fan-film pour reconnecter les vrais films entre eux". IGN France. August 2, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "Unofficial Cloverfield Short Megan Tells A Spin-Off Story Linked To 10 Cloverfield Lane". Empire. August 3, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "Even at Just 5 Minutes, This Short Cloverfield Film Is Pretty Damn Good". Pop Sugar. August 10, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "The Cloverfield Short Film - Inside A Mind". YouTube. August 8, 2018. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
This article "MEGAN" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:MEGAN. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.