Maho Rasop Festival
|Maho Rasop Festival|
2018 Maho Rasop Festival
|Dates||Annually, Mid of November|
|Location(s)||Live Park Rama 9, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Years active||2018 – present|
Maho Rasop Festival (commonly known as Maho Rasop) is an annual music festival held at Live Park Rama 9 in the center of Bangkok. Debuted in 2018, it has been publicly recognised as the first Thai-made international independent music festival in Bangkok.  The two-day festival features an array of live acts from international artists as well as from Thailand and Asia in varied genres and styles of music, including rock, indie rock, pop, folk, electronic, hip-hop, and more. Aside from the live music performances, the festival features art installations, multitude of pop-ups and food trucks from many popular Bangkok restaurants as well as other cultural activities.
History[edit | edit source]
The festival is the collaboration between Fungjai, a Thai music community startup and two concert promoters from Thailand called HAVE YOU HEARD? and Seen Scene Space. The name of the festival “Maho Rasop” (Thai: มหรสพ, pronounced [màːhoːráːsoːp] is a Thai traditional term for entertainment or performing arts.
On July 5, 2018, Maho Rasop Festival had announced its first edition via the festival’s Facebook page which later revealed the information of three stages – Maho-Ran, Khao-Hom and Serng Swing, and almost 20 bands to perform in its debut.
The first edition of the festival was received the positive responses from spectators as well as from local and regional press in its aftermath. On November 21, 2018, the festival announced the expansion into a two-day festival for its second edition in 2019.
Musical Acts[edit | edit source]
2018[edit | edit source]
2019[edit | edit source]
The festival will run from Saturday 16 November until Sunday 17 November in 2019. The two main stages are going to be accompanied by one indoor club stage. The new stages named “Kam-Ram Stage by Leo” and “Yok-Lor Stage by Vespa” are emerging. Headline acts on Maho-Ran Stage will be Bombay Bicycle Club, The Drums, The Horrors, and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- Bombay Bicycle Club
- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- The Horrors
- The Drums
- Phum Viphurit
- Swim Deep
- Summer Salt
- Benny Sings
- The fin.
- Youngohm & Young Bong
- never young beach
- Cosmo's Midnight
- Chai (band)
- 草東沒有派對 No Party for Cao Dong
- Say Sue Me
- Maft Sai
- Khana Bierbood
- Nuh Peace
- Gulf of Meru
- Martian Child
References[edit | edit source]
- "All the fun of the fair". bangkokpost.com. 2018-11-16. Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- "Bombay Bicycle Club, Swim Deep Among Headliners at 'Maho Rasop' Fest 2019". coconuts.co. 18 June 2018.
- "D.C. HIP-HOP 'ODDISEE' SURPRISE HIT AT MAHO RASOP MUSIC FEST (PHOTOS)". khaosodenglish.com. 18 November 2018.
- "MAHO RASOP' FEST GOES 2 DAYS, DROPS BLIND TICKETS". khaosodenglish.com. 16 March 2019.
- "PREP Teams Up With Monsta X's Shownu & So!YoON! of Se So Neon on 'Don't Look Back': Exclusive". billboard.com. 25 October 2018.
- "King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Brings Their Unique Sound To Central Park Summerstage". nysmusic.com. 2019-09-17.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Maho Rasop Festival" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Maho Rasop Festival. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.