Marijke Fleuren is the president of the European Hockey Federation (EHF) and International Hockey Federation (FIH) Executive Board member. She was accepted as Knight of the Order of Orange-Nassau in 2014..
Before starting her work for the EHF, Fleuren was an active member of the Leidse and Oegstgeester Mixed Hockey Club. She was also member of the board, and vice-president of the Dutch National Field Hockey organisation ('KNHB'). She was made an honorary member of the KNHB in 2002. She has been the president of the EHF since August 2011, and started a second term as president in 2015.
Fleuren is a strong proponent of gender equality in sport, and is a member of the IOC Women in Sport Commission. In November 2018 she received the FIH President's Award for her role in the advancement of hockey in Europe and gender equality in hockey.
- "Koninklijke onderscheiding voor Marijke Fleuren". Sleutelstad.nl (in Nederlands). 2014-06-04. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Cookies op de Volkskrant". www.volkskrant.nl. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Marijke Fleuren herbenoemd tot voorzitter EHF". Hockey.nl (in Nederlands). Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl". www.ad.nl. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- Mar, 8; Featured, 2018 | (2018-03-08). "Marijke Fleuren- EHF President and FIH Executive Board member- pushing for progress in equality". Home of The European Hockey Federation. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Tayyab Ikram and Marijke Fleuren appointed to IOC commissions – Asian Hockey Federation". Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Hofman in FIH Atleten Commissie, awards voor Marijke Fleuren en KNHB". KNHB (in Nederlands). Retrieved 2018-12-12.
This article "Marijke Fleuren" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Marijke Fleuren. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.