Marko Jovanović (basketball)
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (March 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|No. 23 – Mississippi College|
|League||Gulf South Conference|
|Born||January 26, 1999|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school||North Central Texas Academy|
Marko Jovanovic (born January 26, 1999) is a Serbian basketball player for the Mississippi College Choctaws of the Gulf South Conference.
Early life and high school career
Jovanovic grew up in Belgrade, Serbia. At 16 years old he left his home and moved to Texas to play his final two years of high school basketball at North Central Texas Academy and play for head coach Kenny Yates. Earned First Team All-State honors and averaged 25.4 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 5.7 assists per game during senior season and helped lead his team to the state championship in 2016 and 2017. Scored 28 points with 13 assists and nine rebounds in the state championship game in 2017.
Freshman season played for coach Jean Dubuisson at ASA Miami College - NJCAA D1 Region VIII (SoCon). As a Freshman averaged 14.5ppg, 5.1reb/g, 1.9stl/g (43.2% 3pt SoCon), including 24 points and 9 rebounds performance to lead the Silver Storm to a 90-71 victory over their rival Broward College. After freshman season earned an invitation to All American JUCO Showcase elite 80 camp in Atlanta. His sophomore season played for coach Mark Osina at Weatherford College in Texas.
After considering many offers, on June 6, 2020, Jovanovic signed to play for Mississippi College and hall of fame head coach Mike Jones. In his season opener, Jovanovic scored 20 points and added 6 rebounds against nationaly ranked #20 UAH.
- Wilsonmwilson@empiretribune.com, Mark. "NCTA boys capture fourth straight state basketball championship". Runnels County Register. Retrieved 2021-03-19.
- "NJCAA". NJCAA. Retrieved 2021-03-25.
- "Marko Jovanovic". ASA College (Miami). Retrieved 2021-03-25.
- "ASA College (Miami) vs. Broward College - Box Score - 1/9/2019". ASA College (Miami). Retrieved 2021-03-19.
- "The All-American JUCO Showcase". The All-American JUCO Showcase. Retrieved 2021-03-19.
- Democrat, Special to the. "Talton, Jovanovic look to lead with new Coyote team". Weatherford Democrat. Retrieved 2021-03-19.
- "Marko Jovanovic continues career at Mississippi College". Texas Express Basketball Club (AAU Select Basketball). Retrieved 2021-03-25.
- "Marko Jovanovic - 2020-21 - Men's Basketball". Mississippi College Athletics. Retrieved 2021-03-25.
- "Men's Basketball vs UAH on 1/2/2021 - Box Score". Mississippi College Athletics. Retrieved 2021-03-19.
This article "Marko Jovanović (basketball)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Marko Jovanović (basketball). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.