Mateo Llarena (born February 26, 2004) is a professional racing driver from Guatemala. He is rated as Silver by the FIA and an official Gulf Oil Driver. In 2021 Llarena will be making his debut in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
|Born||February 26, 2004|
|Current Series||IMSA WeatherTech
Llarena began go karting at the age of four. He collected four National Karting Championships, the FIA Americas Award and multiple invitations to Rotax MAX Challenge Argentina 2014, Easykart World Finals Italy 2015, Adria Trophy 2018, SKUSA at Calspeed 2019, Mexican Formula Kart 2019 and Rok Cup (Florida Winter Tour) 2020 before transitioning to open wheel racing.
By 14 years old (2019) Llarena was competing in FIA Fornula 4, turning heads with consistent, quick lap times.
In 2019 he won the National Motorsport Championship at 15 year sold making him the youngest in history to win this tournament in Guatemala and Central America, earning his second FIA Americas Award. The 2019 season also saw Llarena receive an invitation from Porsche AG to participate in the 2020 Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup Europe Championship. He was paired with the European based team, MRS-GT, and finished 17th overall in the championship.
This article "Mateo Llarena" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mateo Llarena. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "Mateo Llarena turns professional at only 16 years of age". PorscheSport | Latest Motorsport News & Interviews. Retrieved 2020-12-30.
- "Porsche Mateo Llarena - Porsche USA". Porsche HOME - Porsche USA. Retrieved 2020-12-30.
- "Mateo Llarena | Racing career profile | Driver Database". www.driverdb.com. Retrieved 2020-12-30.
- "Performance Tech Motorsports - Motorsports". Performance Tech Motorsports. Retrieved 2020-12-30.
- sportscar365.com https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/llarena-signs-with-performance-tech-for-rolex-24/. Retrieved 2020-12-30. Missing or empty