|Born: May 9, 2001 (age 19)|
Search Matthew Lugo on Amazon.
Matthew Lugo (born May 9, 2001) is a Puerto Rican baseball shortstop for the Boston Redsox organization
Lugo was originally selected by the Boston Redsox in the 2nd round of the 2019 Major League Baseball draft. Born in Manati, PR 2nd round pick for the Redsox Lugo is the nephew of former Major League Baseball player Carlos Beltran. Before getting Drafted Lugo was Committed to the University Of Miami and was the highest-ranked Puerto Rican prospect (No. 38) in the 2019 Major League Baseball draft. After Lugo's junior year in high school he was elected to play in the 2018 Perfect Game All-American Classic. After getting drafted On June 19, 2019 SS Matthew Lugo got assigned to GCL Red Sox where he play 39 games and hit .257/.342/.331 and 1 homerun. In the winter Lugo played in the Puerto Rican winter baseball league Liga de Béisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente for the Atenienses de Manatí.
- "Matthew Lugo page". soxprospects.com.
- Collins, Matt. "Red Sox Top Prospect Voting: Matthew Lugo looks for his breakout". overthemonster.com.
- Burgos, Adrian. "Red Sox draft pick Matthew Lugo has excellent options". lavidabaseball.com.
- Collins, Matt. "Getting to know Matthew Lugo". overthemonster.com.
- Cotillo, Chris. "Boston Red Sox draft SS Matthew Lugo, nephew of Carlos Beltran, with No. 69 pick". masslive.com.
- "Matthew Lugo player page". fangraphs.com.
- Bradford, Rob. "Red Sox reportedly come to terms with their second pick Matthew Lugo". weei.radio.com.
- Sanchez, Jesse. "Draft prospect Lugo carrying forth two legacies". mlb.com.
- "Matthew Lugo profile page". perfectgame.org.
- "Mathew Lugo page". milb.com.
- Maldonado, Antolín. "Los Atenienses de Manatí escogieron a Matthew Lugo en el primer turno". elnuevodia.com.
This article "Matthew Lugo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Matthew Lugo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.