McLeod Country Golf Club
McLeod Golf Course 18th hole
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Greens||Tifdwarf 328 Bermuda|
|Designed by||Dr Clive Boyce OBE and Mr David Burrup|
|Par||Members 74 (black tees): Fellows 71 (blue tees)|
|Length||Members – 5487 metres; Fellow Members – 5880metres|
|Course rating||Members – 74: Fellow Members – 71;|
|Slope rating||Black and Blue Markers – 132: Red and WhiteMarkers – 131:|
|Course record||Black Markers – Liv Cheng, Sarah Kemp – 70 – 2015: Red Markers – Amy Yang – 67 – 2005: Blue Markers – David Louys-Moroney – 64 – 2013|
McLeod Country Golf Club is an 18-hole golf course located in Mount Ommaney, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
The idea of a golf club where women would have equal rights as the men had been mooted since around 1963. Some years later, it was made known to Hilda Reid and Kathleen Atherton, who were members at Ashgrove Golf Club, that Centenary Estates were offering land for the development of a golf course. They subsequently met with Mr Peter Lightfoot, general manager of Centenary Estates. On 20 September 1968, Atherton signed an agreement on behalf of McLeod Country Golf Club to purchase the land for the price of $1; the sale was agreed on the provision that the buyers built the golf course. That one dollar note is now displayed in the foyer of the clubhouse. The initial nine-hole course was completed in 1972.
The name McLeod was used to honour Miss Gertrude McLeod, who had devoted her life to promoting women's golf in Queensland. She was president of the Queensland Ladies Golf Union for 30 years and president of the Australian Ladies Golf Union for five years.
Other articles of the topic Queensland : CastleTown Shoppingworld, List of tallest buildings in Townsville, Ambulance and Fire Communication Centre, Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Ironman Series, Balter Brewing Company
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Golf in Australia
- Sport in Queensland
- "Queensland". Australian State Course Ratings. Golf Australia. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "McLeod Country Club". iseekgolf.com. Archived from the original on 22 December 2014. Retrieved 9 December 2014. Unknown parameter
- Newbury, David (20 December 2014). "Club of the Month: McLeod Country Golf Club". Inside Golf. Retrieved 8 July 2021.
- Douglas Estwick (24 September 2014). "McLeod Country Golf Club a haven for Hilda Reid and fellow women golfers". Brisbane South News. Quest Community Newspapers. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "About McLeod". McLeod Country Golf Club. Retrieved 8 July 2021.
This article "McLeod Country Golf Club" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:McLeod Country Golf Club. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.