|Edit this InfoBox|
January 29, 1979
Minhou County, Fujian, China
Institute of Microelectronics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
|Known for||Co-founder and co-CEO, Bitmain|
|Net worth||US$5.42 billion (June 2019)|
Micree Zhan or Zhan Ketuan (Chinese: 詹克团; born 29 January 1979) is a Chinese electronics engineer and billionaire entrepreneur. He is the co-founder and co-CEO (with Wu Jihan) of Bitmain, the world's largest computer chip company for cryptocurrency mining. In 2018, Hurun Report named him the richest cryptocurrency billionaire in the world. In 2019, Bloomberg ranked Zhan as the world's 9th richest self-made billionaire aged 40 or younger, with a net worth of US$5.2 billion.
Early life and education
After graduating from Minhou No.1 High School, he entered Shandong University, where he earned a bachelor's degree in electronics engineering in 2001. He then earned his master's degree in microelectronics engineering from the Institute of Microelectronics, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2004.
After earning his master's degree, Zhan worked as an engineer at the Information Technology Research Institute at Tsinghua University. He later started his own business making set-top boxes for television.
In 2013, Zhan met up with Wu Jihan, an enthusiast for cryptocurrency. After hours of discussion and research, Zhan agreed to start Bitmain with Wu. The company quickly grew into the world's largest computer chip company for bitcoin mining, reporting US$ 2.5 billion in revenue in 2017. As of 2018, Zhan owns 36% of Bitmain, and Wu 20%.
In Hurun Report's inaugural Blockchain Rich List 2018, Zhan was named the richest cryptocurrency entrepreneur in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$2.7 billion, while Wu was ranked third. In February 2019, Bloomberg ranked Zhan as the world's 9th richest self-made billionaire aged 40 or younger, with a net worth of US$5.2 billion. As of June 2019, he is listed as the world's 311th richest person in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, with $5.42 billion.
- "#311 Micree Zhan". Bloomberg Billionaire Index. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- "胡润研究院发布《2018胡润区块链富豪榜》". Hurun Report. 2018-11-13. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Heathcote, Andrew (2019-02-08). "American Dominance in Tech Wealth Creation Upended by Asian Wave". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- "福建人詹克团进入"全球40岁以下白手起家富豪榜"十强". Light and Textile Industries of Fujian (in 中文). Fujian Provincial Research Institute for Light and Textile Industries. March 2019. ISSN 1007-550X. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- "登上世界级富豪榜！这位福州人比肩扎克伯格！名列全球前10！". Sohu (in 中文). 13 February 2019.
- "Micree Zhan". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Russell, Jon (2018-09-26). "Crypto mining giant Bitmain reveals heady growth as it files for IPO". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Brown, Ben (2019-02-27). "5 Bitcoin Billionaires Headline Rich List: How They Made a Crypto Fortune". CCN. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- "区块链领域6人登榜2018胡润百富榜". Tencent News. 2018-10-10. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
This article "Micree Zhan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Micree Zhan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.