Mini Shaji Thomas
Mini Shaji Thomas
|3rd Director of the National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Dr. Srinivasan Sundarrajan|
|Born||1962 (age 58–59)|
|Alma mater||University of Kerala|
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Mini Shaji Thomas is the director of the National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli. Thomas is the first female director of the institute since it was founded in 1964.
Thomas graduated from the University of Kerala in Electrical Engineering in 1984, where she was a gold medallist in her batch. She completed her M.Tech in Electrical Engineering (Energy Systems) in 1986 from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, where she was a gold medallist and won the Siemen Prize. She received her PhD in Electrical Engineering (Power systems) from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in 1991.
Thomas is a professor for Electrical Engineering and has taught previously at Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi College of Engineering and National Institute of Technology, Calicut.
She is the President of Shastri-Indo Canadian Institute (SICI), a binational organization supported by Ministry of Education, Government of India, that promotes understanding between India and Canada through academic activities and exchanges.
She is currently one of the Board of Directors of the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), an autonomous bilateral organization funded jointly by the Government of India and the Government of the United States of America that supports Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation through substantive cooperation among academia, government and industry.
- Power system SCADA and smart grids
- Design, development, and commissioning of a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) laboratory for research and training
- Comprehensive control for microgrid autonomous operation with demand response
- Best teacher award from IEEE Kerala Section
- "NIT-T gets 1st woman director in five decades". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- "NIT Trichy - Director". www.nitt.edu. Retrieved 2021-04-29.
- "Mini Shaji Thomas" (PDF). Jamia Millia Islamia. Retrieved 2021-04-29. Unknown parameter
- "Prof. Mini Shaji Thomas (President) | SHASTRI INDO CANADIAN INSTITUTE". www.shastriinstitute.org. Retrieved 2021-04-29.
- "Board Members". Indo-US Science and Technology Forum. Retrieved 2021-04-29. Unknown parameter
- Thomas, Mini S.; McDonald, John Douglas (2017-12-19). Power System SCADA and Smart Grids. CRC Press. ISBN 978-1-4822-2675-1. Search this book on
- Thomas, M.S.; Kumar, P.; Chandna, V.K. (August 2004). "Design, development, and commissioning of a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) laboratory for research and training". IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 19 (3): 1582–1588. Bibcode:2004ITPSy..19.1582T. doi:10.1109/TPWRS.2004.826770. ISSN 1558-0679.
- Nisar, Amira; Thomas, Mini Shaji (September 2017). "Comprehensive Control for Microgrid Autonomous Operation With Demand Response". IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 8 (5): 2081–2089. doi:10.1109/TSG.2016.2514483. ISSN 1949-3061.
- Jan 13, K. Sambath Kumar / TNN /; 2019; Ist, 18:50. "NIT Trichy director Mini Shaji Thomas gets best teacher award from IEEE Kerala Section | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
This article "Mini Shaji Thomas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mini Shaji Thomas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.