Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Mississippi Madam: The Life of Nellie Jackson
Mississippi Madam: The Life of Nellie Jackson (2018 film)
Mississippi Madam: The Life of Nellie Jackson. is a 2018 American biographical documentary film directed by Mark K. Brockway and Timothy Givens. The film chronicles the life of Nellie Jackson, an African-American woman born into poverty, who traveled to Natchez, Mississippi and opened a brothel.
|Mississippi Madam: The Life of Nellie Jackson|
|Directed by||Mark Brockway, Timothy Givens|
|Produced by||Mark Brockway, Timothy Givens|
|Edited by||Timothy Givens|
|February 10, 2018 (Oxford Film Festival)|
Nellie Jackson, an African-American woman born into poverty in Possum Corner, Miss. in 1902, moved to Natchez in the 1920s and opened "Nellie's," a brothel she ran for more than 60 years with full knowledge of police and Natchez officials. She was well thought of and considered to be kind and generous. In 1990 she was murdered. The film compiles interviews with her neighbors, historians, former clients and other people who knew her or knew of her to document her life.
- "Mississippi Madam: The Life of Nellie Jackson". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "The much-anticipated Oxford Film Festival celebrates 15 years with diversity in subject, style, genre". The Clarion Ledger. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "Nellie Jackson documentary debuts at Oxford Film Festival | Mississippi's Best Community Newspaper". www.natchezdemocrat.com. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- Hynum, Rick (2018-01-01). "Top Stories of 2017: Oxford Film Festival to Feature Four Mississippi-Based Films - HottyToddy.com". HottyToddy.com. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "Oxford Film Festival Unveils 2018 Line Up". ScreenAnarchy. 2018-01-08. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- Hynum, Rick (2018-01-08). "Oxford Film Festival Boasts Largest Slate of Films in Event's History - HottyToddy.com". HottyToddy.com. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "Oxford Film Festival announces 2018 schedule". The Oxford Eagle. 2018-01-09. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
This article "Mississippi Madam: The Life of Nellie Jackson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mississippi Madam: The Life of Nellie Jackson. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.